• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

hawks win FIRST GAME!

cyman3

• Premium Member

It was some good ball being played tonight.

Plays being run.

I think Stinger made somewhat of a slam on JT. He was talking about Jacque being the reason for less turnovers. He said Jacque, "came to the ball, distributed smartly, and showed a lot of leadership". In Stinger's tone, it's evident that he views JT as a OG like a lot of us do.

Jacque was impressive but they scared me with the drought!

Glover also deserves a game ball..

Although I don't want to start talking about wanting to trade him or him after only 4 games but I would be very interested to see what we could get for JT. JT is a great fantasy player and light years ahead of Vaughn in the talent department but our offense did look better tonight as far as everyone touching the ball with motion. JT is one of the few players that actually seems like they want to play for the Hawks but does that make us better?

For some reason I think we could really use Brent Barry. I think when Ray Allen comes back Barry could be expendable. I'm not saying JT for Barry, that was just a side note. I like Barry b/c, as most of you know as well as me, he brings smooth ball-handling ability, athleticism, and team-player ability. That's the exact type of player we need. He's not so erratic with the ball. Everytime Glover and Jax dribbles the ball it scares me to death.

i know what u mean...

the thing is, if we won our first 3 games (which could have been VERY POSSIBLE)... this talk wouldnt even exist. And in the first 3 games, we didnt lose by much... and 2 were in overtime.

so, in that aspect.. it is unfair to judge TERRY as a failure in this system and praise Vaughn.

now, if Stotts decides to bench TERRY and give him limited minutes off the bench... and we start winning with Vaughn for 10-20 games.. then that means SOMETHING. but losin 3 close games, doesnt say much...

as for ur love with Barry.. yea, i was high on him last year. Hes one of those players would perfectly compliment JT. He isint amazing at anything, but is above average in shooting/ball handling/rebounding/passing/etc...

Another Underrated player i wouldnt mind playin next to JT is Doug Christie.

Barry would be fine...but it'd move Dion back to the bench? It's putting a lot of money on JT/Barry combo...would you trade Nazr for him? There's little (some I suppose) chance at getting him as a FA during the upcoming offseason...if they don't resign him, though our track record at getting FA's has not been good to say the least...and they can match if I'm not mistaken, so we might have to overpay/overextend?

..at this time. You're right, we've been in winning reach of every game we've played so far. It's just that something about the style JT plays bugs me. I guess it has bugged everyone on here for quite some time but I guess my basketball mind is just starting to settle in. JT only excels in fast, exciting type basketball and when it comes to fast breaks he's not even that good at distributing the ball in that situation. When it comes down to it it just seems like he's a rookie or something to me. I don't know what it is... I watch Baron Davis and see him as a player that you know when it comes down to it, he'll make it happen more times than not. I'm just ramblin' right now, don't really know my point but there's something definitely there. And let me note that it wasn't just JT who gave up the leads in those other games so I apologize for picking on him. I love the guys enthusiasm, though.

3 and the first time that he's had a steady backcourt/swing players playing with him...or lineup for that matter.

True, his halfcourt skills are limited and he must continue to rely on the aptitude of other players (see why most of us want Diaw to develop)...however he does run a fast break team decently, largely due to his quickness and energy, combined with having the sort of players (Sjax, Glover...Diaw, even Reef and Theo/Nazr to a degree). This team has completely changed it's methods...for the better?

If JT continues his scoring tenacity and becomes part of this team's identity, a figurehead alongside Reef, not his Robin, he has a chance. And that's pretty much the only way. Otherwise, we're going to have to trade him before his value plummets.

** Disclaimer: we were NOT wrong in resigning him. I've stated this before, but would you really want to let him walk for nothing (we could trade him) and front a team starting JV, Dion, Diaw, Reef, Theo, Nazr...we probably wouldn't have gotten SJax...you know we'd lose more and the lockerroom would be a mess. Theo would want out now, Reef would be more depressed, and well, interest really couldn't be lower judging by the 5600 tonight.

Try year 5, but game 4 is hardly midway.

JT hasn't learned to be a PG by now, and I do not believe he ever will. Can we win with him despite that? Maybe, but it would take 4 other savvy players to pull it off.

JT is terrific, but I think we're foolish to think he's going to magically transform into a PG when he hasn't been thus far.