• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Something different in Hawks' play - Part II

BrazilianHawk

Again, regardless who the players is, I'm not the type of person to go out of my way and criticize them. How many topics have you seen me make about criticizing a player? Zero. None.

If this was Al or Teague, I would be saying the same damn thing. All three have their flaws, but I'm not going out of my way to bring it up. Is this more clear? What I'm saying is that since they've been playing well, I think a few bad games should be able to "slide".

None of us are "blinded" by his shot selection. SMH... I don't know how to make it that much clearer.

The problem is that EVERYONE around the nba knows about Josh's shooting problems. Hollinger calls him out in articles, opposing announcers constantly knock his shot selection, coaches have demanded that he stops shooting, grantland articles have Josh as the poster child for inefficient shooting. This is not a just a flaw, it is a serious problem/behavioral issue.

You can't use the same reasoning with Teague and Horford because there is not a single thing that either of them do that frustrates everyone who appreciates. Sure they have bad games now and then, but they aren't trying to do things that they are incapable of over and over and over.

I don't know why I'm even typing this as I'm sure I will get some nonsensical reply back.

You can say you aren't being blinded all you want, but you are. When there has been this much discussion publicly among so many in and around the nba and you look at his shot chart from the last 2 games.. that is an enormous red flag. His shot selection is literally the definition of insanity.

• Like 4

The problem is that EVERYONE around the nba knows about Josh's shooting problems. Hollinger calls him out in articles, opposing announcers constantly knock his shot selection, coaches have demanded that he stops shooting, grantland articles have Josh as the poster child for inefficient shooting. This is not a just a flaw, it is a serious problem/behavioral issue. You can't use the same reasoning with Teague and Horford because there is not a single thing that either of them do that frustrates everyone who appreciates. Sure they have bad games now and then, but they aren't trying to do things that they are incapable of over and over and over. I don't know why I'm even typing this as I'm sure I will get some nonsensical reply back. You can say you aren't being blinded all you want, but you are. When there has been this much discussion publicly among so many in and around the nba and you look at his shot chart from the last 2 games.. that is an enormous red flag. His shot selection is literally the definition of insanity.

"definition of insanity"... ??? WTF? It's a freaking game, the Hawks are a better team, right now, with him.

Sometimes yes. Sometimes far from yes.

True, but you can make that statement about every player on the team. Who can argue that we've been relevant in the East the last six years without Smoove? JJ of course, but he's gone... Still relevant without him. Horf, yes, probably our best player. But we wouldn't have had this much success, or currently this much success, without Josh Smith.

Actually our winning coincided with drafting Horford. And Josh is our highest paid player so you can't really compare him to other players on the team. You are held to a higher standard at that point. His mistakes are "I'm going to do what the f*ck I want to do and you can't tell me otherwise" mistakes. I'm sorry but that hurts you a lot of the time.Like tonight...We go down by 15... Josh leaves game... We go up by 5... Josh comes back... Down by 5. This happens a good bit.

• Like 2

Actually our winning coincided with drafting Horford. And Josh is our highest paid player so you can't really compare him to other players on the team. You are held to a higher standard at that point. His mistakes are "I'm going to do what the f*ck I want to do and you can't tell me otherwise" mistakes. I'm sorry but that hurts you a lot of the time. Like tonight... We go down by 15... Josh leaves game... We go up by 5... Josh comes back... Down by 5. This happens a good bit.

Not to mention our first playoff berth in nearly a decade. BBIQ goes a long way; too bad Josh refuses to wise up.

Josh has got to be insane with his Josh selection but I just realized " I HAVE GOT TO BE INSANE TOO" - since I joined this board in 2006 I have talked about it ad nauseum - talking about it will not change how Josh approaches the game - so with that said I am DONE talking about him (except in the game chat Posted Image )

I can't take it anymore - I am T I R E D.

Josh has got to be insane with his Josh selection but I just realized " I HAVE GOT TO BE INSANE TOO" - since I joined this board in 2006 I have talked about it ad nauseum - talking about it will not change how Josh approaches the game - so with that said I am DONE talking about him (except in the game chat Posted Image )

I can't take it anymore - I am T I R E D.

In 06? Did you have a different screen account prior to 09?

LOL or you're secretly someone else on here as well... dah duh dun (evil villain music)

Check his IP against JohnnyBravo's, please! ;)

• Like 1

I'm a her and I'm definitely no JohnnyBravo.

Hmmm JayBirdHawk looks awfully similar to BlackHawkDown. I don't know what we gotta do but maybe put your profile name in pink or something so that everyone here sees that you're a woman.

• Like 1

Hmmm JayBirdHawk looks awfully similar to BlackHawkDown. I don't know what we gotta do but maybe put your profile name in pink or something so that everyone here sees that you're a woman.

Something, anything. I'm tired of all you guys calling me a dude :-). I'm all woman