• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Something different in Hawks' play - Part II

BrazilianHawk

• Premium Member

That's "only a few jump shots" and it's ok if Josh wants to just toss the ball into the air for no reason. Plenty of teams have missed shots and turnovers. If Josh wants to just throw the ball up there, well that's just fine. It doesn't hurt us at all...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted ImagePosted Image

See that 1st round shape? That's the rim, not a made basket....

Look who's back! The MFn' Midrange Shawty!

SMFH. Plus 5 turnovers... 9 turnovers from our PGs didn't help either.

We need to max that guy out ASAP.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Jeff teague has been playing well - and he can make a driving layup from the lrft side with the best of them...but this team needs a true PG to improve. simple as that.

Like who? Although he didn't play well, last nights loss was is no way totally on JT.

• Premium Member

4 - 24 from 3 point range since the All-star break.11 total shots last night and 5 were 3's.It's ........ frustrating.

Lol. And Dwight says it's unfortunate that he has never been able to team up with Josh. Lol. Let's me know his supposed desire to play with Josh is more about friendship than basketball.

• Premium Member

Jeff teague has been playing well - and he can make a driving layup from the lrft side with the best of them...but this team needs a true PG to improve.

simple as that.

True PG.

IS there any such thing anymore. I mean, I know you have Nash, Paul, Deron,and Parker... but aside from that, Teague is in the mold of what's out there now. Rose, guy in Cleveland, etc.

They're not making the Jason Kidds anymore.

Weve had our best winning streak on the road in two years. It was the fourth game on a six game trip, out west and we started 3-0 on said trip. One bad game by our PG, who has been playing great, but we need a new one now. And the Smoove haters were just waiting for a bad game like a fly rubbing its front legs together...

• Like 1

Only a matter of time...

I was waiting for one of you guys to make at topic. After how well they've played in the past month or so, you guys will take any opportunity to bash the man. Do you think that's necessary? That being said, I agree that he had a terrible shot selection last night.

• Like 1

Only a matter of time... I was waiting for one of you guys to make at topic. After how well they've played in the past month or so, you guys will take any opportunity to bash the man. Do you think that's necessary? That being said, I agree that he had a terrible shot selection last night.

And that's why he gets bashed. Because the shot selection is ALWAYS an issue.I guarantee you had Josh went 2 - 11, but had all but about 2 of those shots be taken in the paint ( and no 3 point attempts ) no one would be "hating" on Josh. Instead, we have to talk about his shot selection in a game in which the shot was obviously not falling.Like I said, it's ............ disappointing.
  • Like 2

And that's why he gets bashed. Because the shot selection is ALWAYS an issue.I guarantee you had Josh went 2 - 11, but had all but about 2 of those shots be taken in the paint ( and no 3 point attempts ) no one would be "hating" on Josh. Instead, we have to talk about his shot selection in a game in which the shot was obviously not falling.Like I said, it's ............ disappointing.

We know this already. And the fact that Josh, as well as Teague & Al have been playing consistently great basketball for a good while don't mean after one bad game, you go out of your way and bash him again. Teague didn't have a great game either. Everyone was off. If this was for 2-3 games I could understand, but pointing out one person out of the whole team has to stop. Give him a break. Our team has been playing great and has a tough schedule.

Let's see if they can get back on track tomorrow before we start pointing fingers again.

• Premium Member

We know this already. And the fact that Josh, as well as Teague & Al have been playing consistently great basketball for a good while don't mean after one bad game, you go out of your way and bash him again. Teague didn't have a great game either. Everyone was off. If this was for 2-3 games I could understand, but pointing out one person out of the whole team has to stop. Give him a break. Our team has been playing great and has a tough schedule.

Let's see if they can get back on track tomorrow before we start pointing fingers again.

You are totally missing the point. It's a 747 going right over your head dude. There has been only one point in this entire thread that even remotely put blame on Josh Smith for the loss. It's a valid one though, and it wasn't made by North.

Nobody else on this team dedicates a major portion of their game to something they absolutely cannot do. Nobody. We can post pictures of Josh's shots night after night and they will look the same. They are wasted opportunites and worse, they are INTENTIONALLY wasted. Josh knows he can't shoot that shot and he does it anyway.

Win or lose, in sports you always look to get better. With that, you examine your games and you ask, "what could we have done better?" Well, in the case of the Atlanta Hawks, I don't see how you can just ignore your primary scorer launching jump shots that have little chance of landing.

BTW...you getting a good idea who the Josh Haters are?

My point is that it's only been one game out of many. He's been playing awesome as of late. I guess I'm not the type of person to point out a player after one shitty performance out of many good ones in the past month. To each it's own.

That's just me. Posted Image

Edited by AHawks89

He's been riding Horford and Teague's coattails. He has been playing pretty well but I'm not so sure he's necessarily been playing "great" though. Def not well enough to avoid scrutiny when in fact, over the course of the season, about half of his performances are like this.

Again, regardless who the players is, I'm not the type of person to go out of my way and criticize them. How many topics have you seen me make about criticizing a player? Zero. None.

If this was Al or Teague, I would be saying the same damn thing. All three have their flaws, but I'm not going out of my way to bring it up. Is this more clear? What I'm saying is that since they've been playing well, I think a few bad games should be able to "slide".

None of us are "blinded" by his shot selection. SMH... I don't know how to make it that much clearer.

Edited by AHawks89