• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who's Filled Out Their Brackets?

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

Did mine yesterday and I'm pretty happy with it. Got Indiana winning it all vs. Louisville. I have Pitt upsetting Gonzaga (I just never trust Gonzaga in March Madness) and eventually make it to the Final Four. I have VCU over Michigan (pains me because I support Big Blue, but I never trust UM either), Memphis over Michigan State, Ole Miss over Wisconsin/K-State, and Korver/Tolliver's Bluejays over Duke. I'm nervous about UNLV vs. 'Cuse (Picked 'Cuse), UCLA vs. Kansas, Indiana vs. Kansas, and Indiana vs. Louisville, but I'm standing with my bracket!

Posted Image

March Madness starts on the 21st, so get them filled out!

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

I have Louisville and Kansas in The Final 4 with Kansas winning a close one 74 - 71. In my opinion McLemore is the best player in the country and Whitney is one of the best defensive centers. That is why I chose Kansas.Would love to see McLemore lock horns with Oladipo, of Indiana, in The Final 4.

Louisviile scares me a little....they depend on the refs to swallow their whistles when they engage their full court press. If a non Big East referring crew calls a game "by the book" Louisville will go down. The Big East Refs let them get away with murder when they press.

That possible Duke / Creighton 2nd round matchup really intrigues me as does the Gonzaga / Pitt 2nd round matchup, and NC State / Indiana matchup. That NC State team can beat anybody on a given night but just are not consistent.

I really like that Okl St. team. They have 2 of the best athletes in the country on that team. I can see them giving Louisville a hell of a game in the Sweet 16. They are one of the few teams who can match Lousiville's quickness and atheletic ability.......but I picked Louisville.

I'm also worried about Michigan taking out Kansas if they get hot from the perimeter. Had to pick Kansas though b/c of Whitney locking down the paint vs. Michigan's 3 guard attack of Burke, Hardaway, and Robinson.

Edited by coachx

I changed mine to go upset mania in the Final 4

Okl St (#5 seed) vs. Wisconsin (#5 seed)

Kansas (#1 seed) vs. Miami (#2 seed)

Championship Game:

Okl St vs Kansas

Champion - Kansas

I may go 0-4 but what the heck ? Just going with the gut. That bracket with Gonzaga as #1 seed is a mess to pick through.

Edited by coachx

Adios Oklahoma State Posted Image . Oregon was underseeded and the Cowboys kinda got screwed coachx...never had a chance to get their feet under em.

My picks are still alive but I see nothing so far to give me confidence. The only reason Marquette won was because of a dumb inbound pass with like 8 seconds left. If the other team's guard would have charged the ball he would have gotten fouled and likely hit the FTs. Even if he missed the ball would have been at the other end of the court.

Southern - the 16 seed from Baton Rouge - had a real shot at Gonzaga and if they hadn't gotten a crappy call late may have gone into overtime with the Zags.

It's a fun tourney so far though - no huge favorites. I'm just glad the 1 year pro development program (UK) went down in flames Posted Image (no offense AHF).

Now let's see Duke lose and all is right with the world Posted Image .

Edited by DJlaysitup

I fell in love with Okl St.'s 3 NBA players.

Watched them lose by 1 point to #1 seeds Kansas and Gonzaga and bought in. I was already looking forward to Smart break the press of Louisville in Round 2 and let Brown and Nash have a dunk contest.............Oh well !

The PAC12 always burns me b/c I rarely see them play.

March Madness baby !

I fell in love with Okl St.'s 3 NBA players.

Watched them lose by 1 point to #1 seeds Kansas and Gonzaga and bought in. I was already looking forward to Smart break the press of Louisville in Round 2 and let Brown and Nash have a dunk contest.............Oh well !

The PAC12 always burns me b/c I rarely see them play.

March Madness baby !

Yeah..a friend of mine (Oregon Alum) told me that they were highly touted early but they had minor injuries and other problems that cost them.

Apparently now the "Ducks" are OK (health-wise) - and were a real trap as a 12 seed.

Decent chance at the sweet 16 - outside shot at the final four. They have an awesome PG and some muscle.

+++++++++++

(from article)

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) -- Dominic Artis anticipated Marcus Smart's pass and took the interception the other way for a layup early to set the tone for Oregon.

Despite the seedings and the all the pregame hype surrounding Oklahoma State's star, the Ducks had the better team and the better freshman point guard Thursday night.

Artis had 13 points, four steals and helped slow down Smart while fellow freshman Damyean Dotson led the way with 17 points to help 12th-seeded Oregon extend a run that began in the Pac-12 tournament by beating the fifth-seeded Cowboys 68-55 in the second (first really) round of the NCAAs on Thursday.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Moderators

I have Duke, Wisconsin, Kansas and Indiana in my final four with Kansas winning over Duke. (Just notice that I picked the the two closest to UK for the finals - KU and dUKe. Hmm.....)

• Moderators

I have Duke, Wisconsin, Kansas and Indiana in my final four with Kansas winning over Duke. (Just notice that I picked the the two closest to UK for the finals - KU and dUKe. Hmm.....)

Holy Cow - now Florida Gulf Something or Other University (a school that I didn't even know existed - and I followed mid-majors) has knocked out Georgetown fairly convincingly 78-68.

Will I EVER learn - never pick G'Town no matter what.

My bracket is now a shambles. Obviously the Hoyas won't be in the final four as I had ignorantly predicted.

To be fair - FG whatever did knock off Miami earlier in the year - but that often happens early - I remember Chaminade beating Kansas. Live and learn I suppose Posted Image .