• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kobe Bean

benhillboy

I know most here hate the guy. Personally, he's the Greatest I've seen. Here's hoping he can come back and leave on his own terms. Mitch Kupchak deserves all the blame. I knew bringing in D'Antoni and Nash would sink the Lakers. They're European League guys. But to have their shortcomings and ways clearly contribute to Kobe's demise, I couldn't imagine. I didn't get to see his performance against Portland a few days ago who some said probably was his best individual, non-playoff game ever. I gotta see a vintage performance one more time. He'd be totally justified in latching on to a top contender and being the difference after the Free Agency of 2014 ends.

Hate is a strong word but I always root against him and the Lakers no matter who the opponent is. Nevertheless, I felt bad for the guy, I hope he recovers well. Torn Achilles is a very significant injury especially for a 35 year old guy.

I also wonder how this affects Howard's decision.

• Moderators

I can't blame the injury on D'antoni even though i don't like him much. At some point your body can't do everything it used to. Kobe has been pushing it all season and I was actually tiring of his me against the world martyrdom. That Dahntay incident really soured me as he acted like Dahntay had no business interfering with his master plan of carrying his team to the playoffs in dramatic fashion. Please.

I admire him as one of the greatest ever but like all of them the time comes where things change. I think he'll be back though.

• Moderators

I hope he comes back healthy as well. For me (subject to change based on what happens going forward), I would place Kobe behind MJ, Bird, Lebron, Shaq, Magic, and some others as far as great players I have seen since I have watched basketball. He will be a no-brainer HOFer for sure and is one of the great SGs of all-time but not in the top tier of all-time great players for me (which is no slap on him, Nique isn't either).