• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 2 adjustments

macdaddy

• Moderators

[*]What about Petro? - Petro was 3-3 from the field and had a positive impact on the game. Given HIbberts size advantage shouldn't we be putting Petro on him. Its not like HIbbert is a banger. He's just shooting over people

[*]Dahntay - we could use some perimeter defense. Jenkins looked like a rookie out there. Should Dahntay get in? We need to be more physical on the perimeter

[*]Ivan - Ivan got in some heads. We need him to get physical with Hasbro so hopefully he'll lose his cool. Having him free to throw people to the ground with no call is the end for us.

[*]Deshawn - I'm a DS apologist (or whatever) and yesterday is why. Nice to see someone show up for the playoffs

The good news is that hopefully we won't get such bad calls in the next game. Korver isn't going to shoot this badly all series. Hopefully Jenkins and Harris will get hot. Hopefully we won't give up a 34 point 1st quarter again. For all the talk of Indy's defense, scoring was't as much a problem as our poor D.

I fully agree about Petro and that's why I was saying we should start him in game 1. He's looked like a legit NBA player every time he's gotten a chance this year and he's very smooth offensively and his length can bother Hibbert a lot easier than Al can. Josh would do a lot better defending George than he would West and might as well put him at SF since he's going to play that way anyway.

• Like 1

Speaking of Jenkins I'm not sure what it is but every time I watch the Hawks play he has been unable to hit shots. I think I've watched him make 1 3pt shot all year! Clearly I've missed a lot of our games in the 2nd half of the season but I swear I thought that kid was supposed to be a Reggie Milker type of shooter or something.Damn we really miss Lou's ability to get his own points and Zaza's skill at banging and getting into people's heads!!

• Moderators

Speaking if Jenkins I'm not sure what it is but every time I watch the Hawks play he has been unable to hit shots. I think I've watched him make 1 3pt shot all year! Clearly I've missed a lot of our games in the 2nd half of the season but I swear I thought that kid was supposed to be a Reggie Milker type of shooter or something.Damn we really miss Lou's ability to get his own points and Zaza's skill at banging and getting into people's heads!!

I agree. I have the same issue with Jenkins even though his stats look pretty good. He just looked flat out nervous yesterday. I think the shots he takes a lot of time aren't in rhythm because he doesn't seem to move without the ball well. You can tell he really wants to shoot but often just stands there waiting for a pass. They don't leave him open the way they do others...

• Like 1

Speaking if Jenkins I'm not sure what it is but every time I watch the Hawks play he has been unable to hit shots. I think I've watched him make 1 3pt shot all year! Clearly I've missed a lot of our games in the 2nd half of the season but I swear I thought that kid was supposed to be a Reggie Milker type of shooter or something.Damn we really miss Lou's ability to get his own points and Zaza's skill at banging and getting into people's heads!!

Well then you gotta stop watching Jenkins play. Yer jinxin him man!
  • Like 1

Jenkins #1 offseason priority is to work on his lateral quickness, actually his quickness and speed overall, I think he will be much improved next year. He's got the rookie jitters :-)

Well then you gotta stop watching Jenkins play. Yer jinxin him man!

I feel like that too! I've always been a bit superstitious and I worry about jinxing the team, but I'm not gonna miss the last few games of Josh's Hawks career just to avoid jinxing the team :)

• Like 1

If we don't play defense and rebound we will lose again. LD said when asked 'What do the Hawks need to do to win? - He said execute offensively,smh - c'mon son - DEFENSE and REBOUNDING wins.

Teams are having too many WIDE open shots. The players wait for the ball instead of going to get it on a rebound, they have no idea how to box out.

And for the love of all that is Holy - please play Al Horford more that 28 minutes what kinda nonsense is this. The two foul rule that LD is using is asinine - Al ended up with 3 fouls.

LD has to trust Al to play with fouls - I prefer that Al fouls out that play 28 minutes - when has Al ever come close to fouling out.

LD is an ass.

Speaking of Jenkins I'm not sure what it is but every time I watch the Hawks play he has been unable to hit shots. I think I've watched him make 1 3pt shot all year! Clearly I've missed a lot of our games in the 2nd half of the season but I swear I thought that kid was supposed to be a Reggie Milker type of shooter or something.Damn we really miss Lou's ability to get his own points and Zaza's skill at banging and getting into people's heads!!

yeah u should keep not watching because Jenks was balling at the end of the season, and before that he was consistently knocking down his shots when he was open, whenever he got in the game. And he hasn't been that terrible on defense like most would believe.

• Moderators

And for the love of all that is Holy - please play Al Horford more that 28 minutes what kinda nonsense is this. The two foul rule that LD is using is asinine - Al ended up with 3 fouls.

LD has to trust Al to play with fouls - I prefer that Al fouls out that play 28 minutes - when has Al ever come close to fouling out.

LD is an ass.

We could turn this series around for sure but if we don't game 1 has put the writing on the wall in orange spray paint. Josh doesn't want to be here and Horford isn't real happy with LD. At this point Horford is who we need to keep happy. I like LD but his game 1 performance wasn't great.

Jenkins #1 offseason priority is to work on his lateral quickness, actually his quickness and speed overall, I think he will be much improved next year. He's got the rookie jitters :-)

exactly, for defense and I see that the only thing keeping him from becoming a serious offensive threat is that while his handle is decent he doesn't have the speed to take anyone of the dribble. He always gets cut off when he makes a move. He should try slimming down a little if he truly is the 220 pounds he's listed at to try and get quicker.

Might as well go with this line up since we are playing so slowly in the halfcourt.

Petro should be able to handle Hibbert one and one which would limit the double teams and leave shooters open. Petro isn't half bad on offense(sometimes).

Al plays more aggressive on offense when he has a smaller guy on him - he can post, hit the mid-range or get to the rim.

Josh can post up Paul George on offense - he isn't playing like a PF anyway so might as well.

Put Korver on the bench. Go with this lineup

Teague

Harris

Smoove

AL

Petro

[*]What about Petro? - Petro was 3-3 from the field and had a positive impact on the game. Given HIbberts size advantage shouldn't we be putting Petro on him. Its not like HIbbert is a banger. He's just shooting over people

[*]Dahntay - we could use some perimeter defense. Jenkins looked like a rookie out there. Should Dahntay get in? We need to be more physical on the perimeter

[*]Ivan - Ivan got in some heads. We need him to get physical with Hasbro so hopefully he'll lose his cool. Having him free to throw people to the ground with no call is the end for us.

[*]Deshawn - I'm a DS apologist (or whatever) and yesterday is why. Nice to see someone show up for the playoffs

5. Rebound the damn ball.

• Like 1