• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

You know what Bud's hire reminds me of?

AUhawksfan

Tom Thibodeau. Basically not a well known guy that becomes a head coach after being an assistant for a long time in the league.

Tom may be a little more of a strategist, but I think Bud has more of an edge on getting the right system and players in place. I hope he has the same affect in getting the most out of his players.

I've been wanting a coach for so long that isn't afraid to put a player on the bench when he makes a bad decision, no matter who - look at Gregg Popovich doing that to Tim Duncan against Golden State in the playoffs - and Tim still had mad respect for the guy. That is what I'm hoping we'll see with Bud.

It's too bad he wasn't here earlier, maybe he could've molded Josh into using his strengths to become more of the player he should be.

Tom Thibodeau. Basically not a well known guy that becomes a head coach after being an assistant for a long time in the league.

Tom may be a little more of a strategist, but I think Bud has more of an edge on getting the right system and players in place. I hope he has the same affect in getting the most out of his players.

I've been wanting a coach for so long that isn't afraid to put a player on the bench when he makes a bad decision, no matter who - look at Gregg Popovich doing that to Tim Duncan against Golden State in the playoffs - and Tim still had mad respect for the guy. That is what I'm hoping we'll see with Bud.

It's too bad he wasn't here earlier, maybe he could've molded Josh into using his strengths to become more of the player he should be.

What we need is more players with Tim Duncan's skills and maturity.

• Moderators

This situation reminds me more of the Falcons that of Thibbs per se. You get the young exec from a model franchise's front office. He goes and hires a non-splashy assistant coach to take over a team that is rebuilding from near the foundations.

New day, new culture, new level of expectations.

This situation reminds me more of the Falcons that of Thibbs per se. You get the young exec from a model franchise's front office. He goes and hires a non-splashy assistant coach to take over a team that is rebuilding from near the foundations.

New day, new culture, new level of expectations.

Actually I can agree with this too except that I feel Bud is more established than Mike Smith was at the time. Also regarding the ownership situation.....well, let's just say I'm glad the hawks owners are keeping their mouths shut now.

I may be insane, but I'm finding myself rooting for this even more than when the Falcons hired solid, but unspectacular Mike Smith. If they can get basketball to be relevant in Atlanta....we'll have three major teams that command attention. When have we said that about all three at once? NEVER!

Finding players like Duncan.................well that's impossible. They don't come along like that too often. But I think Bud can make Horf better by the system he brings in.

Hell, I'd settle for making Horf into a serviceable Karl Malone.

This is more exciting than the Falcons transformation. With the Falcons, it takes years to build a ELITE NFL team through drafts and FA. With the Hawks, Ferry can make an absolute splash into the Elite if he can pull off the Dwight/CP3/Horford combo with Popp Jr. in his 2nd year.