• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't want Dwight.

TheRedStripes

It's that welfare mentality all over again. The Hawks need to be making every promise imaginable to get CP3/D12. In modern times, we have not played for a championship. We have not played for a conference finals. I think every other team in the league save Charlotte & Toronto has played for a conference final. That's poor.

Yeah it is really awful. I blame most of it on bad drafting. Everyone knows the Hawks have selected busts time after time. I started this post and I meant everything I said, but I would want Dwight IF and ONLY IF he came with Chris Paul. I do think that if Dwight and Paul joined forces it is possible that CP3 could pull the best out of Dwight. I don't really see it happening though.

The thing the Hawks have lacked all this time is a true dominant superstar player. They have not had that since they traded Nique. If we can't get one through free agency we need to get one through the draft. Obviously that isn't going to happen this year as we have the 17th and 18th picks and this is a pretty weak draft. It may be time to cut the fat ( josh, jeff, etc. ) and lose lose lose. Terrible I know... I hate losing but how else can you get a superstar? If they won't sign as a free agent the only way is to draft one and the only way to draft one is to be really awful and get a high lottery pick.

Next year Andrew Wiggins will be in the draft. He looks like he could be a real superstar. If I were running the Hawks I would gamble in this draft... Take one guy who is more of a sure thing and a nice value at 17 and then at 18 gamble on someone who could be a star and cross my fingers. Then I would put together a team that would be young and with some potential but also not one that will win many games next year and hopefully get lucky with the ping pong balls.

As I said... I hate seeing the Hawks lose... but how else do you get a star player? If they won't sign you have to do SOMETHING. Making it to the playoffs every year and not advancing past the 2nd round is something that could continue for years and years without ever getting much better or worse just a steady mediocre existence.

• Premium Member

Yeah it is really awful. I blame most of it on bad drafting. Everyone knows the Hawks have selected busts time after time. I started this post and I meant everything I said, but I would want Dwight IF and ONLY IF he came with Chris Paul. I do think that if Dwight and Paul joined forces it is possible that CP3 could pull the best out of Dwight. I don't really see it happening though.

The thing the Hawks have lacked all this time is a true dominant superstar player. They have not had that since they traded Nique. If we can't get one through free agency we need to get one through the draft. Obviously that isn't going to happen this year as we have the 17th and 18th picks and this is a pretty weak draft. It may be time to cut the fat ( josh, jeff, etc. ) and lose lose lose. Terrible I know... I hate losing but how else can you get a superstar? If they won't sign as a free agent the only way is to draft one and the only way to draft one is to be really awful and get a high lottery pick.

Next year Andrew Wiggins will be in the draft. He looks like he could be a real superstar. If I were running the Hawks I would gamble in this draft... Take one guy who is more of a sure thing and a nice value at 17 and then at 18 gamble on someone who could be a star and cross my fingers. Then I would put together a team that would be young and with some potential but also not one that will win many games next year and hopefully get lucky with the ping pong balls.

As I said... I hate seeing the Hawks lose... but how else do you get a star player? If they won't sign you have to do SOMETHING. Making it to the playoffs every year and not advancing past the 2nd round is something that could continue for years and years without ever getting much better or worse just a steady mediocre existence.

You have too much trust in the system. The draft is a sham. Moreover, I wouldn't waste this opportunity to tank for something that only could happen.

You have too much trust in the system. The draft is a sham. Moreover, I wouldn't waste this opportunity to tank for something that only could happen.

No, the lottery is a sham. I hope they prove me wrong, but I see Wiggins going to Toronto or Boston next year.