• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Newest 'new' Rumor

I honestly think that is a great lineup and team. Every player is a capable scorer and with Dwight and Al out there, it'll limit Monta. Monta has only been on teams where he was the primary scorer. Here he would be the second/third option. Teague works because Jameer worked. Smoove works because he is the fourth option on that team, not second or first. Teague can shoot, Monta can shoot, Al can shoot. It's also a great defensive team with top 5 shot blockers in Dwight and Smoove and thieves in Monta and Teague. Top rebounding unit in the league too and matches up well against Miami and LAC. My only concern is that we still wouldn't have a guard with size and Lou is our backup PG, but who knows who Danny drafts. I see that starting five as a 70+ point unit.C - Dwight Howard - 18 ppgPF - Al Horford - 14 ppgSF - Josh Smith - 15 ppgSG - Monta Ellis - 16ppgPG - Jeff Teague - 10 ppg

I don't understand where people get the notion that Monta can shoot. He shot 28% from 3 this year and 27% the previous year. He shot 36% on shots that weren't 3's or layups.

That lineup does absolutely nothing to help spread the floor for D12 to be effective, teams will pack the paint and let Josh and Monta jack it up. Undersized back-court: anyone, anyone. Ellis cannot defend, wether individually or in a team concept which means D12, Horf and Josh will be in constant fould trouble because there would be no resistance on the perimter. Teague never met a screen he doesn't fight through, so the same applies.

No, No and still no. I will lose my hair with Josh and Monta on the same team and I like my hair.Posted Image

Poor JayBird I can't even imagine the thought... oh wait yes I can.

Posted Image

I don't understand where people get the notion that Monta can shoot. He shot 28% from 3 this year and 27% the previous year. He shot 36% on shots that weren't 3's or layups.

Maybe they mean he puts up a lot of shots? He's the definition of a low efficiency high volume shooter. Please God no Monta on the Hawks, please please please. I promise to never visit the "sick bed" that JayBird is offering if you never ever put Monta on the Hawks.

• Like 1

Riddle me this, people...

If KG is waiving his no-trade if CP3 is there, why the hell would this trade work because I'm pretty sure CP3 wants to be a free agent and dip his toes in the pool before committing to KG that he is coming back to the Clips. This whole potential trade has weird Donald Sterling vibes written all over it.

Riddle me this, people...

If KG is waiving his no-trade if CP3 is there, why the hell would this trade work because I'm pretty sure CP3 wants to be a free agent and dip his toes in the pool before committing to KG that he is coming back to the Clips. This whole potential trade has weird Donald Sterling vibes written all over it.

This has Carlos Boozer screwing the team over type of feeling to me. I don't think Chris Paul would give his word to KG that he's coming back and then back out of it. So if that trade goes through I would scratch CP3 off of our list. But you never know I suppose...

BTW Ken Berger, who I trust above whoever that Deveney guy is, said that KG will only waive his NTC if Doc goes with him.

• Moderators

Ferry was pushing hard at the trade deadline that would have sent Smoove and Harris out and brought Monta in, so this could very well could happen. http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/377345-peachtree-hoops-nba-trade-rumors-monta-ellis-ekpe-udoh-key-pieces-in-potential-josh-smith-deal/?hl=%2Bmonta+%2Bellis

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

I honestly think that is a great lineup and team. Every player is a capable scorer and with Dwight and Al out there, it'll limit Monta. Monta has only been on teams where he was the primary scorer. Here he would be the second/third option. Teague works because Jameer worked. Smoove works because he is the fourth option on that team, not second or first. Teague can shoot, Monta can shoot, Al can shoot. It's also a great defensive team with top 5 shot blockers in Dwight and Smoove and thieves in Monta and Teague. Top rebounding unit in the league too and matches up well against Miami and LAC. My only concern is that we still wouldn't have a guard with size and Lou is our backup PG, but who knows who Danny drafts. I see that starting five as a 70+ point unit.C - Dwight Howard - 18 ppgPF - Al Horford - 14 ppgSF - Josh Smith - 15 ppgSG - Monta Ellis - 16ppgPG - Jeff Teague - 10 ppg

LOOOL that line up is terrible. Not only will that team will have zero spacing but it will be 1 of the lowest IQ teams in the league.

I dont even want dwight if it will cost us having to take on either Jbrick OR monta ellis.

Ferry was pushing hard at the trade deadline that would have sent Smoove and Harris out and brought Monta in, so this could very well could happen. http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/377345-peachtree-hoops-nba-trade-rumors-monta-ellis-ekpe-udoh-key-pieces-in-potential-josh-smith-deal/?hl=%2Bmonta+%2Bellis

Ferry wanted Monta because of his contract status, player option - which most people thought he would opt out of to sign a longer deal. Even if he opted in Ferry would have probably used him as trade bait during the draft or traded him as an expiring next season. Bucks were offering players that had 2/3 years on their deals - Ferry definitely didn't want that.

• Moderators

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igI6mI-FJRA

I know I am probably alone in this argument, but I believe that Monta wouldn't be the player that we are accustomed to seeing while he was in Golden State and Milwaukee if he had other guys here. On those teams HE WAS THE GUY that did all of the scoring on those teams. In Milwaukee, all he had was Brandon Jennings who is as inefficient as they come. In Golden State, he didn't have help either (the best player he played with was Baron Davis). In both Milwaukee and Golden State, he didn't have a great front court to play with either. Here, he would have Dwight/Horford. A BIG 3 of Howard/Horford/Ellis isn't bad especially when Teague and Smoove are the other guys. I just think that if you give Monta Horford and Dwight in the front court and a good point guard like Teague, I think it could work. I guarantee that Monta wouldn't be putting up 20 shots a game. The offense would be ran through Dwight and Horford with Teague and Ellis attacking the hoop.

Maybe Smoove wouldn't be the best SF in that group and maybe it'd be better to get a great 3 pt threat i.e. Dorell Wright or Player X. I believe Teague is right on the cusp of having a huge breakout season as he has improved every single season. This past season, he showed quite a few 20+ pt, 10+ assist games. Teague can also hit the three ball. The drive and kick would work and so would the PnR/P. My only concerns is that Monta is only 6'3" and can be a ball stopper which goes against the ball movement philosophy that Coach Bud will demand. I have full faith in our coaching staff to get the best out of this group and Danny to get Monta on a team friendly deal.

No to Ellis & Josh. Period. Must focus on High BBIQ. High BBIQ is good defense too.

List of FA's with High BBIQ (add to it if you have some)

Chris Paul

Dwight Howard

Tony Allen

Jarrett Jack

C. Billups

OJ Mayo

Andre Iguodala

Matt Barnes

David West

Paul Millsap

JJ Hickson

The bottom third is debatable but still good players. Those should be targets.. Monta can sign with Houston as their backup plan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igI6mI-FJRA

I know I am probably alone in this argument, but I believe that Monta wouldn't be the player that we are accustomed to seeing while he was in Golden State and Milwaukee if he had other guys here. On those teams HE WAS THE GUY that did all of the scoring on those teams. In Milwaukee, all he had was Brandon Jennings who is as inefficient as they come. In Golden State, he didn't have help either (the best player he played with was Baron Davis). In both Milwaukee and Golden State, he didn't have a great front court to play with either. Here, he would have Dwight/Horford. A BIG 3 of Howard/Horford/Ellis isn't bad especially when Teague and Smoove are the other guys. I just think that if you give Monta Horford and Dwight in the front court and a good point guard like Teague, I think it could work. I guarantee that Monta wouldn't be putting up 20 shots a game. The offense would be ran through Dwight and Horford with Teague and Ellis attacking the hoop.

Maybe Smoove wouldn't be the best SF in that group and maybe it'd be better to get a great 3 pt threat i.e. Dorell Wright or Player X. I believe Teague is right on the cusp of having a huge breakout season as he has improved every single season. This past season, he showed quite a few 20+ pt, 10+ assist games. Teague can also hit the three ball. The drive and kick would work and so would the PnR/P. My only concerns is that Monta is only 6'3" and can be a ball stopper which goes against the ball movement philosophy that Coach Bud will demand. I have full faith in our coaching staff to get the best out of this group and Danny to get Monta on a team friendly deal.

b4 ellis left golden state he was playing with stephen curry and david lee. The season after he left they both had all star caliber years and was a playoff team. Monta ellis would destroy teague's development.

Edited by yungsta

• Moderators

No to Ellis & Josh. Period. Must focus on High BBIQ. High BBIQ is good defense too.

List of FA's with High BBIQ (add to it if you have some)

Chris Paul

Dwight Howard

Tony Allen

Jarrett Jack

C. Billups

OJ Mayo

Andre Iguodala

Matt Barnes

David West

Paul Millsap

JJ Hickson

The bottom third is debatable but still good players. Those should be targets.. Monta can sign with Houston as their backup plan.

That's the thing about Monta. Their are only two teams that it make since for him to go and that is Dallas and Atlanta. I'd be in favor of getting Iggy instead of Smoove but that doesn't give us a shooter at SF. All that is doing is replacing stubborn Josh with smart Iggy. I am just not convinced that Monta will be the same ole Monta here in Atlanta in an All Star lineup.

C - Dwight Howard

PF - Al Horford

SF - Andre Iguodala

SG - Monta Ellis

PG - Jeff Teague

That lineup also works because Dwight and Horford would snag more offensive rebounds then they would let get away. I would also consider that a BIG 4 lineup but I doubt Iggy accepts anything less than $10 mil/yr but that is a team that can break us through to the ECF and eventually the Finals. A lineup that could be together six seasons.

b4 ellis left golden state he was playing with stephen curry and david lee. The season after he left they both had all star caliber years and was a playoff team. Monta ellis would destroy teague's development.

And Mark Jackson couldn't wait to get him out of there when he took over. I don't want Ellis at all and I don't think I could even get behind it with Dwight coming with him. He doesn't make his team or teammates better and he's horribly inefficient. He gets a lot of steals but he's a bad positional defender as well.

• Moderators

I thought of that team after I posted, but that was also the year that GS traded Monta to the Bucks. Who knows what that team could have done if Monta wasn't traded for an injury-prone Bogut. Even with Lee and Curry, Monta still didn't have a great front court. GS has been disappointed in Biedrins so far and Lee = Horford. That team was all about guard play and transition basketball. I believe the Hawks tried to mimic that play last season but didn't have the acquit personnel to make it work effectively night in and night out. Sure Curry broke out after that season but how good is that team really. Is Klay Thompson > Monta Ellis?

And I don't believe Ellis would stunt Teague development. I also believe that is a non-issue too because I don't want Teague being a scoring guard. Teague needs to develop as a PG and I believe that Monta wouldn't stunt that.

And Mark Jackson couldn't wait to get him out of there when he took over. I don't want Ellis at all and I don't think I could even get behind it with Dwight coming with him. He doesn't make his team or teammates better and he's horribly inefficient. He gets a lot of steals but he's a bad positional defender as well.

I believe Jackson wanted Ellis out more because he knew Ellis made that back court small and was his biggest trade chip and not because of Ellis's high shot rate and tendency to be a ball stopper. Mark Jackson has had only good things to say about Monta and the GS fans all love Monta and want him back. Also, because Biedrins is that bad, it also made GS desperate to get a center as they traded him for Bogut. In Atlanta, we would be lacking a guard with size, but at the same time, we would have Dwight and Horford unlike the GS situation. Monta is also a high-character guy as he is a nice individual to be around. Sure he is all tatted up and looks like a thug, but he is actually a quiet guy and has done loads for his community only 40 minutes from my house in Tupelo. Monta isn't a bad player, he just isn't a Joe Johnson-type SG that we are all accustomed to.

• Moderators

Another thing is that we had Devin at 2 guard for most of the season last year and it worked well. Not much difference between Monta and Devin. Both are quick, undersized 2 guards that attack the hoop and play sub-par on defense. Dev wasn't a reliable shooter either, but with him on the court we were much better. Only difference is Dev is injury prone and Monta's shot rate which Coach Bud would take care of... Monta is also a better shooter than Dev.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

Another thing is that we had Devin at 2 guard for most of the season last year and it worked well. Not much difference between Monta and Devin. Both are quick, undersized 2 guards that attack the hoop and play sub-par on defense. Dev wasn't a reliable shooter either, but with him on the court we were much better. Only difference is Dev is injury prone and Monta's shot rate which Coach Bud would take care of... Monta is also a better shooter than Dev.

I just can't get behind a 6'3 SG who shoots 29% from 3 and plays poor defense. I'm sure he's a nice guy and does good stuff for the community as you said but he's not a guy that you start on a team you hope to win championships with. Even if it means no Dwight then I'm fine with it as I am that opposed to having Monta be on the Hawks. Devin at SG wasn't a good choice either. In order to really create mismatches that work out in your favor you need someone at the 2 who can adequately defend the position and who can create mismatches himself. Starting 2 PG's together isn't the answer to that. Starting Devin was the best we could do last year and at times it worked, but we got killed on the other end because of it. Guys like Lance Stephenson were able to get anywhere they wanted, killed us on the glass and basically just outworked our smaller guys that we had at SG. I want to see that corrected going forward, not repeated.

yes klay thompson> monta ellis cause klay thompson fits better within a team concept and can actually guard his position.

When monta ellis left and klay thompson took the starting 2 position that team instantly became better defensively because they were no longer an undersized in the back court every night. Also on offense they got better ball movement, better team play, and a more efficient offense.

By getting rid of monta ellis and all of his shot jacking, curry could finally take full control of the offense which is why he broke out. monta ellis was holding him back. He would do the same thing with teague by taking the ball out of his hands. He is a high usage player who takes a high volume of shots and scores on low efficiency that is who he is.

• Like 2