• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jefferson "Blink" Teague.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

What is it that this guy need?

I have to really look hard at Jeff Teague and ask, what is it that this guy needs?? He really should have gotten some love for MIP.

2013 Kia NBA Most Improved Player Award Player

[*]Paul George (Indiana) [*]Greivis Vasquez (New Orleans) [*] Larry Sanders (Milwaukee) [*]Nikola Vucevic (Orlando) [*] Jrue Holiday (Philadelphia) [*]Omer Asik (Houston) [*]James Harden (Houston) [*]Stephen Curry (Golden State) [*]Serge Ibaka (Oklahoma City) [*]Chandler Parsons (Houston) [*]Kemba Walker (Charlotte) [*]J.R. Smith (New York) [*]Klay Thompson (Golden State) [*]Jimmy Butler (Chicago) [*]Ryan Anderson (New Orleans) [*]Carmelo Anthony (New York) [*]Andray Blatche (Brooklyn) [*]Mike Conley (Memphis) [*]Kawhi Leonard (San Antonio) [*]Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City) [*]Arron Afflalo (Orlando) [*]Earl Clark (L.A. Lakers) [*]Kenneth Faried (Denver) [*]Greg Monroe (Detroit) [*]Joakim Noah (Chicago) [*]Tristan Thompson (Cleveland) [*]Tobias Harris (Orlando) [*]Jarrett Jack (Golden State) [*]Ty Lawson (Denver) [*]Brook Lopez (Brooklyn) [*]Robin Lopez (New Orleans) [*]Lance Stephenson (Indiana) [*]Jeff Teague (Atlanta)

Understand this: Teague increase his scoring by 2 point per game. Increased his 3 pt shooting%, and Increased his apg by 2.3 apg while playing LESS minutes than he did last year.

Even Paul George saw his bounce because he played MORE Minutes than the previous season.

I am as big of a Chris Paul fan as anyone and would be ecstatic to get him on the Hawks squad. However, I did something...

Let's get our rebuffs in order but when you look at the numbers from last season... Teague doesn't stack up so badly with a guy who we will easily give a max contract to. SO squawkers, let's talk about this... What's so bad about Teague?

I did one more... just for further speculation.

Edited by Diesel
  • Like 1

Look at win shares per 48. That's where you get a true picture of how much of a significant difference CP3 makes vs Teague as he's nearly 2.5 times better there with his off the charts number. Teague will get better but he's got to get consistent and now with no Josh he should get to be the PG more and have more of the spotlight. Assuming of course we don't sign the far superior CP3 to replace him.

What is it that this guy need?

I have to really look hard at Jeff Teague and ask, what is it that this guy needs?? He really should have gotten some love for MIP.

2013 Kia NBA Most Improved Player Award Player

[*]Paul George (Indiana)

[*]Greivis Vasquez (New Orleans)

[*] Larry Sanders (Milwaukee)

[*]Nikola Vucevic (Orlando)

[*] Jrue Holiday (Philadelphia)

[*]Omer Asik (Houston)

[*]James Harden (Houston)

[*]Stephen Curry (Golden State)

[*]Serge Ibaka (Oklahoma City)

[*]Chandler Parsons (Houston)

[*]Kemba Walker (Charlotte)

[*]J.R. Smith (New York)

[*]Klay Thompson (Golden State)

[*]Jimmy Butler (Chicago)

[*]Ryan Anderson (New Orleans)

[*]Carmelo Anthony (New York)

[*]Andray Blatche (Brooklyn)

[*]Mike Conley (Memphis)

[*]Kawhi Leonard (San Antonio)

[*]Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City)

[*]Arron Afflalo (Orlando)

[*]Earl Clark (L.A. Lakers)

[*]Kenneth Faried (Denver)

[*]Greg Monroe (Detroit)

[*]Joakim Noah (Chicago)

[*]Tristan Thompson (Cleveland)

[*]Tobias Harris (Orlando)

[*]Jarrett Jack (Golden State)

[*]Ty Lawson (Denver)

[*]Brook Lopez (Brooklyn)

[*]Robin Lopez (New Orleans)

[*]Lance Stephenson (Indiana)

[*]Jeff Teague (Atlanta)

Understand this: Teague increase his scoring by 2 point per game. Increased his 3 pt shooting%, and Increased his apg by 2.3 apg while playing LESS minutes than he did last year.

Even Paul George saw his bounce because he played MORE Minutes than the previous season.

I am as big of a Chris Paul fan as anyone and would be ecstatic to get him on the Hawks squad. However, I did something...

Let's get our rebuffs in order but when you look at the numbers from last season... Teague doesn't stack up so badly with a guy who we will easily give a max contract to. SO squawkers, let's talk about this... What's so bad about Teague?

I did one more... just for further speculation.

He wasn't good though. He was just an average PG who minutes increase but his overall impact actually dropped. Not sold, neither was the NBA and probably Ferry.

• Moderators

I agree with you. And putting him behind Jarrett Jack, Robin Lopez, Brook Lopez is ridiculous. Those guys are ok but they are just doing what they have been doing for years. I don't see where they drastically improved their games at all.

Teague had bad games and bad stretches but we watch every game he plays. Paul and every other PG in the league has those times too. I'm not saying Teague is an elite PG yet but he's a damn good one.

• Premium Member

My thing about Teague at the PG is that in a system, I think he will flourish. LD didn't have a system. He had a sorta PG by committee deal going and Teague finally took over the PGing last year. IF we don't get Paul and Keep the alternative (Teague), I think he will give us a lot in a PNR system.