• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Last Attempt....like it or not you have to be in it to win it

JTB

I am trying try to figure where this myth of Iguodala being on "the wrong side of thirty" and "declining" is coming from. Is it his PPG? He is just as dominant as ever on defense. Doesn't have any health issues and is a workout warrior.

Yep he just turned 29 this year and will not be 30 until the 2nd half of next season. I think the concern is how his shooting dropped off the map this year as he was as bad, if not worse than Josh as an outside shooter.

We would only not sign the rookies if we were signing those 3 players. Why do you think that Ferry drafted 2 foreign players this year if not to create the ability to gain extra cap room THIS YEAR if he needed it.

I felt Ferry drafted them because he felt that they had fit his plan and system and he liked them. From his pressers, it seemed that way. Not signing them wouldn't really clear up much cap space. They are 2.74 million combined coming into 2013-14. It's not really enough to move the needle persay.

Yep he just turned 29 this year and will not be 30 until the 2nd half of next season. I think the concern is how his shooting dropped off the map this year as he was as bad, if not worse than Josh as an outside shooter.

What does shooting have to do with "getting old" and being "on the downside" though? Ray Allen is old and still can shoot.

I felt Ferry drafted them because he felt that they had fit his plan and system and he liked them. From his pressers, it seemed that way. Not signing them wouldn't really clear up much cap space. They are 2.74 million combined coming into 2013-14. It's not really enough to move the needle persay.

That's still money over signing vet mins that can be used to sign the free agents and also keeps those free agents from playing with green rookies who are 2 years away from being able to play at a high enough level to not hurt the team.

Schröder / Williams

Korver / Jenkins / Cunningham

Smith / MLE

Horford / Scott/Johnson

Howard / Bebe / Muscalla

I really don't like Smith at the 3 but I would do it if we got Dwight. Maybe he'll even changes his ways with Howard and Coach Bud.

Edited by GThawks3

That's still money over signing vet mins that can be used to sign the free agents and also keeps those free agents from playing with green rookies who are 2 years away from being able to play at a high enough level to not hurt the team.

Any vet min we sign with over 7 years of exp will cost as much as either one of these players. We can sign a rookie for the min at 490k but why sign Adonis or Kyle Weems who will NEVER see the court when we can sign Dennis who could possibly start and be successful or sign Bebe who has potential to be good center in three-five years.

Remember, we can't get Iggy and Smoove and land D12.We also have to choose between Iggy, Smoove, and Teague. Honestly, if D12 signs and we go with Iggy or Smoove, that means we will need to bring Devin Harris back. Remember, with D12 signed for 20.5, we can ONLY sign one of Teague, Iggy, and Smoove. Also Korver has to be resigned as well. We need his off the ball shooting and spot up shooting with D12 as well as his high BBIQ and reliably of not missing defensive rotations.

Well damn when u put it like that signing Dwight doesn't seem nearly as sexy.

Well damn when u put it like that signing Dwight doesn't seem nearly as sexy.

Signing D12 is very sexy. A top 3 player when healthy who can change your franchise future is very attractive. We will get 20.5 million. That's just the way it is. The believe that he will take 15.4 to play with CP3 is out the window now.

So what would he have to take to play for Houston and Dallas currently?

No less than the max with any team. Houston, LA, and ATL can offer max. The difference is, Houston can barely offer the max. LA only can offer it due to the fact that they have his rights, and ATL can offer the max and still have enough to sign someone for around 8-10 million dollars.

Any vet min we sign with over 7 years of exp will cost as much as either one of these players. We can sign a rookie for the min at 490k but why sign Adonis or Kyle Weems who will NEVER see the court when we can sign Dennis who could possibly start and be successful or sign Bebe who has potential to be good center in three-five years.

And what makes you think we'd go after 7+ year veterans? Come on man stop trying to argue just for the sake of arguing Or continue, it doesn't matter to me as I'm done with this debate. I can waste my time in other ways.

I am trying try to figure where this myth of Iguodala being on "the wrong side of thirty" and "declining" is coming from. Is it his PPG? He is just as dominant as ever on defense. Doesn't have any health issues and is a workout warrior.

Exactly that's why I didn't comment