• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith talk

Final_quest

Surprised there is not more talk about this guy. He could either walk without us getting any compensation, or we could get Asik and a pick. I'm hoping we get something in return. First round pick and Asik sounds acceptable to me, but what other rumors are out there? How likely is it that we will get assets in return?

To me Dwight is long gone, Josh could net us something of value.

Surprised there isn't more talk nationally or on here? On here I'd say it's because there isn't more talk or really any talk nationally. Free agency isn't really going to kick off until the big domino falls and everyone is waiting on that.

I've seen some talk of him on espn but nothing really new or different from what's on here. I know Houston told him that they would sign him if they missed on Dwight. Pistons want him bad. All this has been mentioned here before.

Josh is irrelevant. Just the kind of player we don't need to get where we want to go. If the damn fool didn't have such a bad shot selection I'd love him here because of all his intangibles, but I think we can all agree he's more harm than help. Let the Pistons pay the premium for him, they'll regret it in the first year.

Josh is irrelevant. Just the kind of player we don't need to get where we want to go. If the damn fool didn't have such a bad shot selection I'd love him here because of all his intangibles, but I think we can all agree he's more harm than help. Let the Pistons pay the premium for him, they'll regret it in the first year.

Detroit would be much improved next season with him.

Mike, I've heard you whine and complain about him ever since you came back. You do realize the guy shot 47% last year right. For players with 25 minutes or more a game he was 61st. This doesn't make him a sharpshooter by any means but puts him ahead of such Hawksquawk favorites as Roy Hibbert, Paul Pierce, Carmelo Anthony, Joe Johnson, Luol Deng, Zach Randolph, Ersan Illysova and many others.

In order for people on this board to place him as awful they have to use specialized analytics that exclude things Josh does well. There is a reason someone is going to offer this guy 4 years and $60 million. These will be basketball people, not armchair GMs typing on the internet.

All the guy has done here is win. Horford goes down for the season, we nearly make the EC finals. Johnson/Williams leave, zaza, other williams go down...the team is plagued with injuries and we win 44 games. The one constant....Smith.

• Like 2

From what I read Smoove will be the Rockets top priority if Howard doesn't sign with them. Regardless Smoove chances of returning are very slim. Downside is it doesn't look like the Hawks will get any compensation for him. There is really no point in Houston to do any kind of S&T for him. They can sign him outright.

• Premium Member

First round pick and Asik sounds acceptable to me, but what other rumors are out there? How likely is it that we will get assets in return?

To me Dwight is long gone, Josh could net us something of value.

Why would Houston give up anything? They can just sign him outright. There is not a demand for him on the free agent market except for a few loser teams like Detroit.

Mike, I've heard you whine and complain about him ever since you came back. You do realize the guy shot 47% last year right. For players with 25 minutes or more a game he was 61st. This doesn't make him a sharpshooter by any means but puts him ahead of such Hawksquawk favorites as Roy Hibbert, Paul Pierce, Carmelo Anthony, Joe Johnson, Luol Deng, Zach Randolph, Ersan Illysova and many others.

In order for people on this board to place him as awful they have to use specialized analytics that exclude things Josh does well. There is a reason someone is going to offer this guy 4 years and $60 million. These will be basketball people, not armchair GMs typing on the internet.

All the guy has done here is win. Horford goes down for the season, we nearly make the EC finals. Johnson/Williams leave, zaza, other williams go down...the team is plagued with injuries and we win 44 games. The one constant....Smith.

Almost made it to EC finals? We lost in 6 in the first round. How do you get almost made it to the EC finals from that.

Why would Houston give up anything? They can just sign him outright. There is not a demand for him on the free agent market except for a few loser teams like Detroit.

They can't sign Josh AFTER signing Dwight. Even if they don't sign Dwight and decide to go after Josh they might not want him to use up most of their cap space this year. So they unload a player on us and open up some space to go after someone else. I doubt it would be Asik if they're not getting Dwight but we might get someone decent.

Almost made it to EC finals? We lost in 6 in the first round. How do you get almost made it to the EC finals from that.

Well we could have easily won that game 6 and we did get screwed earlier in the series. So yeah we could have easily been an ECF victim that year.

From what I read Smoove will be the Rockets top priority if Howard doesn't sign with them. Regardless Smoove chances of returning are very slim. Downside is it doesn't look like the Hawks will get any compensation for him. There is really no point in Houston to do any kind of S&T for him. They can sign him outright.

I think if Dwight signs with Houston then we can do a SnT with them for Asik or Detroit for a piece. I think we will get something for him

• Premium Member

They can't sign Josh AFTER signing Dwight. Even if they don't sign Dwight and decide to go after Josh they might not want him to use up most of their cap space this year. So they unload a player on us and open up some space to go after someone else. I doubt it would be Asik if they're not getting Dwight but we might get someone decent.

The article read that Josh would be a top priority if Howard doesn't sign. Which means that he is not a priority if Howard does sign. And Why would Houston want to team those 2 together anyway? Think they were envious of the Lakers free throw shooting last year?

The article read that Josh would be a top priority if Howard doesn't sign. Which means that he is not a priority if Howard does sign. And Why would Houston want to team those 2 together anyway? Think they were envious of the Lakers free throw shooting last year?

You didn't quote THE ARTICLE in your response. I quoted your quote. Go back and read it.

Gosh PBird what could this possibly mean? Does this mean that Josh won't be a priority if they sign Dwight? Hmm I'm so confused please provide us with your wisdom.

At this point it might be best for him to go to Houston and see if we can make a trade with them so they have cap space. Which wouldn;t include JS.

I gotta say that for selfish reasons, I REALLY don't want Dwight AND/OR Josh to end up in Houston. I'd rather they go play in Alaska than end up in Houston.

Some of you guys get so pissed it's great. I hope Josh proves me wrong I think if develops a better shot selection and his post game a little bit more then he can be a top 10 player in this league

If a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump its ass when it hopped