• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pistons sign Josh Smith - 4 years / 56 million

lethalweapon3

There's a reason one player signed for 14 million a year, and one player signed for 9.5 million a year. They're basically the same age, matter fact milsap is older. He's simply a lesser player. Its not that I hate change. I just hate change for the worse. I'm forward thinking and forward moving. But I'm also rational and logical. None of this makes sense to me.

The biggest issue I had with joe johnson was that he was too casual. He rarely showed aggression. Too often he made mistakes with the ball just because he was nonchalant. The one thing thing that I liked most about about josh smith was his aggression. The fact that he would push the ball and take chances. Were his long jump shots irritating? Yes! But there's a reason he's getting 14 million a year. Teams know what he's bringing to the table. Josh Smith is the only player in the league that ever gets compared to lebron james when it comes to skill set. That's the player we let go.

We drove him out of atl. We drafted him, resigned him, then treated him like trash because he wasn't perfect. Hell yeah he got out of here. I don't blame him. He went to a team on the rise, got his money, and left a team on the decline. Can you imagine the pressure he was under playing here. Dwight Howard wanted no part of it. How many players play for there home town and are remotely successful.

Who would you rather be? The pistons or the hawks? Look at the rosters.

Why are you so bent on comparing the Hawks and the Pistons? It's really mind-boggling. But if you insist, I'll take the Hawks in that comparison. A group of vets led by Horford, Millsap, and Lou with Mike Budzenholer coaching is superior to whatever the Pistons roll out.

The bottom line here is, you are thinking in terms of NBA 2K. Let's talk real life here, chief.

Would the average user rather play with the Pistons than the Hawks? Probably. Is Josh Smith a beast in video games? Yes, but he will never lead a team out of the second round of the playoffs. He's probably rated higher than Millsap in 2K13, which is why you're probably going off about how much "better" Josh is. Monroe is a nice piece, but a lineup with Knight, Drummond, and J-Smoove will have such a piss poor BBIQ that an above-average (but not great) coach like Mo Cheeks won't be able to take them to the promised land.

Edited by atlbraves93

Why are you so bent on comparing the Hawks and the Pistons? It's really mind-boggling. But if you insist, I'll take the Hawks in that comparison. A group of vets led by Horford, Millsap, and Lou with Mike Budzenholer coaching is superior to whatever the Pistons roll out.

The bottom line here is, you are thinking in terms of NBA 2K. Let's talk real life here, chief.

Would the average user rather play with the Pistons than the Hawks? Probably. Is Josh Smith a beast in video games? Yes, but he will never lead a team out of the second round of the playoffs. He's probably rated higher than Millsap in 2K13, which is why you're probably going off about how much "better" Josh is. Monroe is a nice piece, but a lineup with Knight, Drummond, and J-Smoove will have such a piss poor BBIQ that an above-average (but not great) coach like Mo Cheeks won't be able to take them to the promised land.

Milsap is pretty limited in what he can do. He will score 15 points and grab 7 rebounds and that's about all to his game.

Josh when he was on was good for 17/8/4/3.

TALENT wise... Millsap isn't close.

Josh did a lot of intangibles. Not sure of we will get that with mudflap I mean milsap. But seriously I dnt think the milsap sign was necessarily a bad move b/c hue is one of the hard nose hustle players just have to wait and see what he brings to the table. Josh was the player that brought energy and excitement to the game and while he its paying within his game he is pretty tough to stop. IMO Josh even with the idiot shots > milsap. All around better player.

I haven't played a video game in ten years. The last video game system I had was a sega genesis. Really thinking about hooking my NES (the original) up tonight. I'm not a kid. I go to games. I buy jerseys and hats. I represent the hawks while everyone around me reps the lakers, celtics, and heat. I'm a true fan. Doc rivers is my favorite player of all time for god sakes. Don't question my loyalty.

TALENT wise, Derrick Coleman was way better than Charles Barkley. "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." Give me Millsap 7 days a week over Josh and his "talent."

In fairness, where was Millsap's playoff appearance last year? The dude is so awesome that he got a whopper 2 year contract. He is a good player, but he is fairly limited.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I'm not trying to disrespect anybody here, but I don't know if we watched the same Josh Smith over the last few years. Look at any stats you want, then watch a game of basketball, then tell me that Josh does more to help his team win than Millsap does. You can't do it.