• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jennings for Teague heating up?

JohnnyCASH

Jennings is a massive upgrade over Teague in the brains, balls and heart category. I like Jeff but he just doesn't have that dog in him that I think Jennings has more of. I'm willing to sacrifice the 2pt game where Teague is better than Jennings just to get that killer instinct that Jennings has a major advantage in.

I totally agree.....would love to have Jenning over Ellis...but Ferry is defnitely in Asset gathering mode.

• Like 1

People will be singing a different tune when Jennings comes to Atlanta averaging 16 ppg on 38% shooting while Teague keeps steadily improving upping his averages to 17 ppg, 8 apg, on 46% shooting.

Ahh gotta love basic blanket FG% statements...

You don't have to dig to deep to realize Jennings misses FAR MORE shots than he makes.

Really? And which shots are those?

Who is better from 3? - Jennings

Who is better from jumpshot range? - Jennings

Who is better from inside? - Teague

But you want which guy? The guy worse at all of those areas, Ellis, or the guy worse in 2 out of 3 areas, Teague? Because I find it odd that anyone wouldn't want the guy who's better in 2 out of the 3 areas, including the most important in the Spurs offense, the 3, where Jennings shot 38% last year and 35% for his career.

People will be singing a different tune when Jennings comes to Atlanta averaging 16 ppg on 38% shooting while Teague keeps steadily improving upping his averages to 17 ppg, 8 apg, on 46% shooting.

And how to you validate this statement?

And how to you validate this statement?

Jennings:

15 ppg on 37%

16 ppg on 39%

19 ppg on 42%

17 ppg on 40%

Bad shooter EVERY YEAR nothing has changed.

Jeff Teague

3 ppg, 2 apg, 40%

5 ppg, 2 apg, 44%

13 ppg, 5 apg, 2 rpg, 1.5 spg 48%

15 ppg, 7 apg, 2 rpg, 1.5 spg, 45%

Steady improvement yearly.

• Moderators

Ahh gotta love basic blanket FG% statements...

Since I am computer deprived, how much better are JT's TS number than Jennings?As an aside, I think Jennings could really benefit from being in a non-iso offense both with his scoring and passing but there is risk so you would need Bud and Ferry on the same page.

But you want which guy? The guy worse at all of those areas, Ellis, or the guy worse in 2 out of 3 areas, Teague? Because I find it odd that anyone wouldn't want the guy who's better in 2 out of the 3 areas, including the most important in the Spurs offense, the 3, where Jennings shot 38% last year and 35% for his career.

Ah yes, a career 3 pt FG% of .354 (Jennings) is after all so much better than .346 (Teague).

Edited by Watchman

Since I am computer deprived, how much better are JT's TS number than Jennings?As an aside, I think Jennings could really benefit from being in a non-iso offense both with his scoring and passing but there is risk so you would need Bud and Ferry on the same page.

Wait one, I will get them for you...

Actually you can't say Jennings is a better 3pt shooter than Teague.

Here's the past 3 years from each:

Jennings:

32%

33%

38%

Teague:

38%

34%

35%

And none of your post really matters when Jennings is on averaging using those "skills" to put the ball in less than 40% of the time for his career.

Ah yes, a career 3 pt FG% of .354 is after all so much better than .346.

I didn't say it was SO much better, I said it was better. And last year was 38% to 36%, which again, is better. In jump shooting it's not even close as Jennings blows Teague and Ellis away. They are just much better at finishing inside than he is so that skews the basic FG% #'s.

Jennings:

15 ppg on 37%

16 ppg on 39%

19 ppg on 42%

17 ppg on 40%

Bad shooter EVERY YEAR nothing has changed.

Jeff Teague

3 ppg, 2 apg, 40%

5 ppg, 2 apg, 44%

13 ppg, 5 apg, 2 rpg, 1.5 spg 48%

15 ppg, 7 apg, 2 rpg, 1.5 spg, 45%

Steady improvement yearly.

You do realize they are on different teams, with different roles, and different personnel groupings right? You do realize that one had the chance of playing with Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Al Horford, Jamal Crawford, Kyle Korver, Devin Harris, and Kirk Hinrich while the other had Andrew Bogut, Monta Ellis, Kurt Thomas, Carlos Delfino, Ersan I, Larry Sanders, and Ukpe Udoh. You do realize that personnel, systems, and fit matters right? John Wall was one of the most talented PG's in enter the NBA. He barely progressed then they got a lot of vets and boom, one of the best players in the NBA. This isn't as simple as stats.

Last 4 years & career average TS% & eFG% comparison

Jeff Teague

TS% - eFG%

0.459 - 0.412

0.521 - 0.467

0.551 - 0.514

0.543 - 0.496

-----------------

0.534 - 0.489

Monta Ellis

TS% eFG%

0.517 - 0.476

0.536 - 0.493

0.509 - 0.463

0.493 - 0.448

-----------------

0.526 - 0.482

Brandon Jennings

TS% - eFG%

0.475 - 0.431

0.493 - 0.443

0.514 - 0.476

0.510 - 0.468

-----------------

0.498 - 0.455

Last years comparison between jump shots and inside shots

Jeff Teague

eFG% of .449 on jumpers

eFG% of .591 on inside shots

Monta Ellis

eFG% of .379 on jumpers

eFG% of .614 on inside shots

Brandon Jennings

eFG% of .487 on jumpers

eFG% of .503 on inside shots

Last 4 years & Career 3pt shooting %

Jeff Teague

-----

Monta Ellis

-----

Brandon Jennings

-----

Career comparison in assist %

Assist % - An estimate of the percentage of teammate field goals a player assisted while he was on the floor

Jeff Teague

Career Assist % of 29

Monta Ellis

Career assist % of 21.7%

Brandon Jennings

Career assist % of 28

Teague is the more effective shooter overall and 2nd best in jumpers and by 1% has a higher assist % than Jennings. Jennings is the best 3pt shooter and best jump shooter. Ellis is not far behind Teague in eFG% and TS% and he's the best at finishing inside while being way behind in overall jump shooting and 3pt shooting.

As I've said all along, if we can get Jeff Teague for 4-7 million then he's my guy. If we're going 7.1-10 million then Jennings is my guy, because I want a guy who's a better jump shooter and 3pt shooter in this offense. 10.1 and higher and I don't want any of the 3 guys.

As I've said all along, if we can get Jeff Teague for 4-7 million then he's my guy. If we're going 7.1-10 million then Jennings is my guy, because I want a guy who's a better jump shooter and 3pt shooter in this offense. 10.1 and higher and I don't want any of the 3 guys.

I think the exact opposite. Jennings for 4-7 mill, Teague for 7-10 mill is reasonable. Actually Teague 4-7 mill too. I don't want any part of Jennings

Edited by atljonesbro

I think the exact opposite. Jennings for 4-7 mill, Teague for 7-10 mill is reasonable. Actually Teague 4-7 mill too. I don't want any part of Jennings

In a PnR offense where shooting off of the pick, 3pt shooting and great passing are all extremely important. Jennings is the best at all 3 of those. And you want no part of him? I'm failing to see the logic in that.

In a PnR offense where shooting off of the pick, 3pt shooting and great passing are all extremely important. Jennings is the best at all 3 of those. And you want no part of him? I'm failing to see the logic in that.

I don't see where Jennings is a better passer than Teague is coming from. Even your statistics you posted shows Teague assists more teammates. More APG for Teague, nearly an identical Assist to TO ratio.

I don't see where Jennings is a better passer than Teague is coming from. Even your statistics you posted shows Teague assists more teammates. More APG for Teague, nearly an identical Assist to TO ratio.

Because Teague gets most of his assists from wide open 3pt shooters or Horford from mid-range, something that Jennings hasn't had the advantage of. Jennings has amazing vision with the ball though and you can see it all the time watching their games. Teague is about as basic and unnatural of a passer as their is, which is why we often talk about him and his patented drive into the lane and jump pass to someone when he can't get his shot off. Jennings comes off of picks and sets defenders up and creates passing lanes and then has the ability to deliver the pass. He's the only one of the 3 guys who can do that well.

Teague has been assisting to much better shooters than Jennings. And on the shooting percentages Jennings was responsible for so much more of the offense. You think he won't have better shots here?

• Like 1