• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Optimistic Thread

TheFuzz

I know this isn't the big leagues but I disagree with the Gwinnett theory:

http://thesportseconomist.com/2011/09/02/the-honeymoon-is-already-over-in-gwinnett/

Posted Image

I grew up 5 minutes from the stadium. There isnt really anyone in gwinnett worth seeing. Attendance goes up if someone has a DL stint or something, but Gwinnett is full of guys that will probably never be real Atlanta Braves. No one wants to see that

• Moderators

I grew up 5 minutes from the stadium. There isnt really anyone in gwinnett worth seeing. Attendance goes up if someone has a DL stint or something, but Gwinnett is full of guys that will probably never be real Atlanta Braves. No one wants to see that

Exactly. And i wouldn't say Gwinnett is chock full of nba fans. They will have the same reaction to a team of milsap, horford, and korver. Just like downtown i don't see gwinnett showing up except for Lebron and Kobe.

Should we fire up another classic mid-summer thread about the Hawks and attendance, prices, Atlanta demographics, infrastructure, alternative entertainment options, marketing, and anything else pertaining to their business?

Should we fire up another classic mid-summer thread about the Hawks and attendance, prices, Atlanta demographics, infrastructure, alternative entertainment options, marketing, and anything else pertaining to their business?

Beats tanking threads.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Beats tanking threads.

And there is zero chance of either happening so why not.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread. I"m optimistic that not only will this be a good team but that support will actually improve when we don't continually let the fans down in big games. We should be tougher.

I'm optimistic for sure. Marvin and Joe were shipped out immediately, awesome. Josh wasn't traded at the deadline for crap, walked for a bad contract, great. 2 of the best B free agents out there were given very reasonable deals, nice. Teague doesn't fit the style and culture, let him walk. Carry on, Dan.

I'm beginning to think there's something to that "Spurs avoid AAU players" idea, and that maybe Ferry is trying it out.

Out with the entitled crybabies -- in with the Dennis Schröders of the world.

• Like 1

I'm beginning to think there's something to that "Spurs avoid AAU players" idea, and that maybe Ferry is trying it out. Out with the entitled crybabies -- in with the Dennis Schröders of the world.

I never heard that about the Spurs. Judging by the awful fundamentals of guys like Dwight and Josh, that's a damn good idea.