• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mavs scrap Devon Harris deal

NJHAWK

Devin can't stay healthy and it just cost him $3 million per season. I'm almost willing to start a donation fund to thank Devin for allowing the Mavs to sign Monta.

Im just hopeing that not getting Monta means we keep Teague. If we go with Mo and Shredder or Jennings than we may as well just see what Antoine, Harrington and Bobby Sura are up to.

Edited by NJHAWK
  • Like 2

Devin can't stay healthy and it just cost him $3 million per season. I'm almost willing to start a donation fund to thank Devin for allowing the Mavs to sign Monta.

That's BS, they certainly could have signed him, he would ready for the season. They found something better, in Monta, and kicked Devin to the curb. Mavs will probably sign Dalembert now, damnit.

I wouldn't sign Devin.

Edited by swolehawk2

Im just hopeing that not getting Monta means we keep Teague. If we go with Mo and Shredder or Jennings than we may as well just see what Antoine, Harrington and Bobby Sura are up to.

Not me, I'd rather lose while developing the young guys vs fighting for the 8th seed.

• Like 2

That's BS, they certainly could have signed him, he would ready for the season. They found something better, in Monta, and kicked Devin to the curb. Mavs will probably sign Dalembert now, damnit.

I wouldn't sign Devin.

I don't see how you can say he'd be ready for the season when he's got to have surgery on the toe. It may not be 100% ethical, but I don't blame Cuban for not wanting to throw his money and Dirk's final years in the toilet without at least trying to make his team as good as he can.

I don't see how you can say he'd be ready for the season when he's got to have surgery on the toe. It may not be 100% ethical, but I don't blame Cuban for not wanting to throw his money and Dirk's final years in the toilet without at least trying to make his team as good as he can.

I was just going off what the story said. He should be out until start of reg season, and the Mavs, supposedly remain interested.

Story going online now: Mavs remain interested in signing Harris but surgery required expected to keep Harris out until start of reg. season

I was just going off what the story said. He should be out until start of reg season, and the Mavs, supposedly remain interested.

Story going online now: Mavs remain interested in signing Harris but surgery required expected to keep Harris out until start of reg. season

Who really knows though with toe injuries. I've seen them end guys careers. Cuban is a businessman first and foremost and I don't blame him for doing what he did. If Devin could stay healthy this probably wouldn't have been an issue but he's only good for 50-60 games a year even when healthy.

Not me, I'd rather lose while developing the young guys vs fighting for the 8th seed.

This is what Ferry's doing.

• Like 1

This is what Ferry's doing.

Very clear that's the case! Although when they put Budz on the spot tonight about any other potential roster moves he did say that we are still looking for players and specifically mentioned getting a long rim protector. Though he did go out of his way to say how much he likes how Al is a matchup nightmare for opposing 5's.

Bud did say today that this was a "building process"

I think it's a "budding process"

Must admit, watching the seasoned John Jenkins and Mike Scott, and especially the potential of Shredder and Bebe, in a lowly Summer League game gets me more excited than tying up money in the NBA leftovers and chasing the bottom of the playoff seeding.

• Like 3

Must admit, watching the seasoned John Jenkins and Mike Scott, and especially the potential of Shredder and Bebe, in a lowly Summer League game gets me more excited than tying up money in the NBA leftovers and chasing the bottom of the playoff seeding.

Plus on top of that, while we watch the young guys develop, we could be looking at a potential Wiggins/Parker/Randle pick next year in the draft that could quickly turn the Hawks chances of finding a franchise player around.