• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So when all is said and done...

ATL_BALLER

...assuming we don't add another major piece, the only significant personnel difference between last year's squad and this one is the Millsap-Josh swap. Of course, there's the maturation of JJ plus a heart-and-hustle guy like DMC, but overall, we're looking at a very similar team.

What it mostly comes down to, then, is coaching. It's gonna be fascinating to see how things differ under Coach Bud.

We still have about 8-10 million if we want it so there could and probably will be another signing or trade.

True, just not sure what's out there at this point. Daly seems like a lock for Dallas. Not sure what we could offer for Asik if Houston changes its stance. Overall, the roster seems pretty set at this point. Could be a totally unforeseen scenario out there, but tough to see any real difference makers on the FA or trade front.

...assuming we don't add another major piece, the only significant personnel difference between last year's squad and this one is the Millsap-Josh swap. Of course, there's the maturation of JJ plus a heart-and-hustle guy like DMC, but overall, we're looking at a very similar team.

What it mostly comes down to, then, is coaching. It's gonna be fascinating to see how things differ under Coach Bud.

That's the only significant difference. Of course, the minor difference is that Devin Harris played 1,421 minutes in 58 games for the Hawks with DeShawn Stevenson playing 1,158 minutes in 56 games and Zaza Pachulia getting 1,134 minutes in 52 games. Those players were the team's 5th, 6th, and 7th highest minute getters on the team.

Ivan Johnson may yet return, and he played 1,035 minutes in 69 games this past year.

My feeling is that your top 5 players relative to minutes played this year will be Al Horford, Paul Millsap, Jeff Teague, Kyle Korver, and Lou Williams.

You have to think DeMarre Carroll will take DeShawn Stevenson's minutes and probably a few more. Right now, Mike Scott and Mike Muscala will probably play the minutes that Ivan Johnson and Anthony Tolliver gave the Hawks off the bench. John Jenkins will have his minutes increased a good bit as well.

The question going forward is whether the Hawks will sign a veteran to take some of Zaza's minutes as the back up center, or do they roll out with a Lucas Nogueira/Mike Muscala combo there?

As is, this is a middle of the pack, first round exit team at best. No positive or upside to that. Even with the extra cap space, I don't see any realistic move that can change that for the better.

Could a complete change in coaching style and philosophy, though, make more of a difference than people realize?

• Like 1

Could a complete change in coaching style and philosophy, though, make more of a difference than people realize?

Yes sir. I'm on board with that. No more Lon Kruger, Terry Stotts, Mike Woodson, or Larry Drew. We have a WINNER in Bud.

• Premium Member

No. This is a talent driven league and you have to have elite level talent to win. Bud could be a great coach, but that only gets you so far.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I wonder what it will be like listening to Hawks audio (which I do everytime an opposing team's video feed is on League Pass) w/o listening to Steve Holman talk about Smoove's horrible shot selection, ill advised passes, or dribbing the ball upcourt himself instead of passing to Teague, etc? Posted Image

I mean once Dwight and Paul made the choices they made there really wasnt anything that could be done to compete with the Heat in the east anyhow. Lets see what other pieces can be added.

• Like 2