• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bebe to the Hawks this season?

He's a very skinny 7-foot jumper with almost no skills who has never gone against NBA talent (or even decent NCAA talent)...I seriously doubt if he ever plays a game in the NBA. I hope I am wrong.

nonsense. He may never be a start, which I highly doubt, but he WILL play in a game. Wait until feb or march and he'll be a contributor Edited by DrReality

I also like bringing him over. Some ATL fans think that we still have our previous coaches here (the ones that refuse to play rookies because of there (lack of) job security). We have a GM and a Coach that are on the same page and invested in each other. They both come from the best player development organization in the NBA. Hopefully they learned something in their time with the Spurs. All of our young guys will get some minutes this year and being around Vets and learning how to be a pro will be invaluable to BeBe.

He's a very skinny 7-foot jumper with almost no skills who has never gone against NBA talent (or even decent NCAA talent)...I seriously doubt if he ever plays a game in the NBA.

I hope I am wrong.

Posted Image

I wanna see BeBe play man. I like his hustle and he's super fast for a big man. Of course he needs to add 25-30 pounds. But what doesn't say Bud could make him the next Mutombo with jets.

Edited by IllestPamfilis

• Moderators

I am not saying he won't get minutes. I am saying if we bring him over this year, he better get regular minutes at the NBA (not NBADL) level. If he plays this makes sense. If he sits, we just wasted a year we had him under our control at a cheap price.

I wanna see BeBe play man. I like his hustle and he's super fast for a big man. Of course he needs to add 25-30 pounds. But what doesn't say Bud could make him the next Mutombo with jets.

I heard he was going to Fogo De Chao like 3 times a week. (Misses that Brazilian cookin) Hopefully he can add some weight. Lol

He's a very skinny 7-foot jumper with almost no skills who has never gone against NBA talent (or even decent NCAA talent)...I seriously doubt if he ever plays a game in the NBA.

I hope I am wrong.

Sounds exactly like *drum roll* Josh Smith.

If you are going to do this, don't burn one of his rookie contract years. Just let him play in Spain. It isn't like the NBDL is some big step up from where he would play there.

Leaving him in Spain would be a bigger waste... If he signs now, then we can develop him ourselves. Besides, how do know the Spanish team are any good at such? What if the coach is another Larry Drew?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Leaving him in Spain would be a bigger waste... If he signs now, then we can develop him ourselves. Besides, how do know the Spanish team are any good at such? What if the coach is another Larry Drew?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

In America, Larry Drew coach for NBA team. NBADL get Larry Drew wannabes.

With the signing of the Mexican kid today I am not sure he will be with us next season. It would be nice to let him develop in a season of obvious futile building. Let him and Schröder play, why not, we can't be any worse with them, in fact we might be better.

Lucas Nogueira showed promise while playing for the Atlanta Hawks' summer league team, but the first round pick will "most likely" return to play in Spain next season.

The Hawks claimed Gustavo Ayón off waivers.

The Hawks had been debating whether it was better for Nogueira’s development to play major minutes overseas or play limited minutes while on a weight-training program in Atlanta.

Posted Image