• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NEW TEAM? OLD TEAM?

Gray Mule

The way things look right now, Hawks have some old Hawks stillaround and some new Hawks that haven't been Hawks before.When the starting five hit the floor to begin the season, they won'tbe the same old Hawks. And, on the bench, some will look familiar.Some of those teams we meet will have ex Hawks. Some we reallyare going to miss, for good reasons or bad.We're almost through shufling the roster and I expect as many wins thisseason as we had last year. Always, with the reminder, "If we stay healthy."We haven't had this many changes in many years and we're not reallysure what to expect. If we get the kinks worked out early, this Hawk teamwill be a had full for any other NBA team.Every off season, we hear about all the improvements that every other teamin the league has made and how they will be so much better than we will be.I didn't believe it in the past and I don't believe it now.We're younger, faster, cheaper and better!GO HAWKS

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 3

Agreed, at our current state we are still a mediocre team, but I LOVE the way we are moving things. This new management really wants to win and that's something we've needed for years and years. We've never had that "Win or Nothing" approach.

I can see where you might be happy about making moves to change the team, but I don't think we did a very good job at replacing the losses, filling needs, and bringing something the fan base wants to see. I am still concerned about the scoring on this team if there is a cool night shooting. I am also concerned a little about chemistry as there is almost a whole new team. I do NOT like what we did this offseason at all, but I do like that we at least tried. The bright spot for me was Schröder. Everything else is a yawn at best.

• Moderators

I can see where you might be happy about making moves to change the team, but I don't think we did a very good job at replacing the losses, filling needs, and bringing something the fan base wants to see. I am still concerned about the scoring on this team if there is a cool night shooting. I am also concerned a little about chemistry as there is almost a whole new team. I do NOT like what we did this offseason at all, but I do like that we at least tried. The bright spot for me was Schröder. Everything else is a yawn at best.

I'm concerned about chemistry and coaching too. I'm not seeing the losses that we didn't replace though. The only real loss was Josh and we replaced him with a more efficient player. The only other losses were bench players who we upgraded. With Dwight and Paul out of the picture I'm not seeing a whole lot more we could have done. I think this team is solid.

Edited by macdaddy
  • Like 1

Who did YOU want that was available (besides D12 n CP3) that they should they have signed that the fan base wanted? And would get excited about?

Who did YOU want that was available (besides D12 n CP3) that they should they have signed that the fan base wanted? And would get excited about?

Hawksquawk Granddaughter:Some people wouldn't be satisfied with the job of taster in a pie factory.Who should they have signed instead of who they did? Any one, that's who!Whatever is done and whoever is signed or traded for, you can bet it's wrong.Mediocre? That means, to me, we aren't going to be good enough to makethe playoffs. Personally, even though we didn't get a load of super stars, we dohave some pretty good old boys who will do us proud this season.GO HAWKS!!
  • Like 1

Hawksquawk Granddaughter:

Some people wouldn't be satisfied with the job of taster in a pie factory.

Who should they have signed instead of who they did? Any one, that's who!

Whatever is done and whoever is signed or traded for, you can bet it's wrong.

Mediocre? That means, to me, we aren't going to be good enough to make

the playoffs. Personally, even though we didn't get a load of super stars, we do

have some pretty good old boys who will do us proud this season.

GO HAWKS!!

Thank you Hawksquawk Grandfather!Posted Image

Ok so I will give a short list of some player I would rather have had and I will leave out D12 and CP3...

C - Bynum, Pekovic

SF - Brewer, AK

SG - Evans, Smith, Iggy

Now I am not fighting that we got Carroll, but there were a lot of really good options out there and I feel we let many of those pass us by in areas of need.

Fellas we have to establish ourselves more before the big fish come to play for us. Like I've said before EVERYBODY loves the CITY of Atlanta, but we've always been seen as a joke when it comes to the Hawks. Ownership that doesn't care, horrible GMs, and middle of the pack coaches. Give Danny and co. a couple more seasons to get their feet wet.

I think having a new franchise is something worth being excited about no matter how poorly we may potentially do in this particular season. Rome was built in how long? Oh right, of course, one off season. Duh.

Why don't the haters try to win the ECF inheriting the results of 4+ years of low BBIQ drafts picks and wasted millions on undeserved contracts..

Well, the second year in row we have a pretty much new team to root for, esp. on the bench. Some of the moves I like, some are head scratchers. We still have Al and Jeff. Last year's keepers - Korver, Williams, Jenkins and Soctt, give some continuity but they were all new last year. Its kind of like we are getting a new team every year. I was ready for Joe and Josh to leave so I understand that having a sort of revolving door is part of the deal. I guess to be honest I'm not sure this team could beat last years team, or the team of the year before. Last year's team was probably the most fun to watch we've had in a long time, so I hope that we can make this an interesting team with all the new parts and pieces.

• Moderators

Well, the second year in row we have a pretty much new team to root for, esp. on the bench. Some of the moves I like, some are head scratchers. We still have Al and Jeff. Last year's keepers - Korver, Williams, Jenkins and Soctt, give some continuity but they were all new last year. Its kind of like we are getting a new team every year. I was ready for Joe and Josh to leave so I understand that having a sort of revolving door is part of the deal. I guess to be honest I'm not sure this team could beat last years team, or the team of the year before. Last year's team was probably the most fun to watch we've had in a long time, so I hope that we can make this an interesting team with all the new parts and pieces.

Last year's team was fun to watch. This is why i'm concerned about Bud. I think this year's team is better and deeper but I hope Bud can get these guys to play together as well as LD did last year.

Last year's team was fun to watch. This is why i'm concerned about Bud. I think this year's team is better and deeper but I hope Bud can get these guys to play together as well as LD did last year.

I'm not worried about this at all. Budz will have these boys ready to ball.

Ok so I will give a short list of some player I would rather have had and I will leave out D12 and CP3...

C - Bynum, Pekovic

SF - Brewer, AK

SG - Evans, Smith, Iggy

Now I am not fighting that we got Carroll, but there were a lot of really good options out there and I feel we let many of those pass us by in areas of need.

Bynum - Ferry saw/met with Bynum and declined (so did Dallas) - doubt he plays 48 games.

Pekovic - Most on here wanted him too but Minny would match any offer for Pek, he is still not signed.

Brewer - I would have like Brewer, AK was always planning on signing with the Russian

Evans/Iggy - Ok, but for how much $$$.

Smith - ???

Edited by JayBirdHawk

JR, before he had knee surgery, who saw that coming.

All I was asked was what I wanted to see happen. To quote what was said earlier people just don't really want to sign with us (we all know the reasons). Evans/Iggy would have been nice since we lost out on so much, we had and have money to spend, but again this ownership is afraid to get close to the luxury tax, and overpays backups. I really would have like for us to NOT fill up on PF like we did and forget C, SF, and SG. I will watch this team because I am a fan, but I am confused on how it is built, what is expected, and where it is going. I am also wondering about the chemistry, gameplan, and point output from what we have stockpiled.