• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks smallest team in the NBA

Plainview1981

This is why we get man handled physically everynight and this is why Ekezie was the MVP in preseason. We are a totally finesse team. No physicality and height to this team whatsoever. No true bangers.

The successful Hawks teams of the past always had a banger/workhorse player in the starting lineup and on the bench. We have missed this during our rebuilding years.

Lascar,

You could always do a weighted average based on playing time and height.

Thus if they had a six-foot-six guy who played 38 mins a night and a five-foot-six guy that played 12 mins a night, it would realistically show that the team is taller than 5'8 and shorter than 6'7" but is certainly not the middle of six feet tall.

I leave the math to someone else... I'm WAY too lazy for something like that.

But the formula should be:

x = height in inches

y = playing time in minutes

(SUM(x * y) / SUM(y)) / 12

Thus, for the example of:

6'6" playing 38 minutes & 5'6" playing 12 minutes

x.1 = (6 ft * 12 in/ft)+6in = 78 in

x.2 = (5 ft * 12 in/ft)+6in = 66 in

((78 * 38) + (66 * 12) / (38 + 12)) / 12 =

((2964)+(792) / (50)) / 12 =

(3756 / (50)) / 12 =

(75.12) / 12 =

Or approximately 6'25".

Play.

Interesting stat Hotts, I like how you dig this stuff up for us. We're way below the other teams too but then again all teams are within a few inches. I bet we'd be on the bottom if they factored in weight too, no doubt we are small.

I'd still bet that by the end of the year our rebounding stats are fine. The Clippers killed us and then some home games and Hendu will help. Plus I doubt Jacque will get so many minutes as Diaw matures and he seems to be a good rebounder. I'd still like to see us go get Alvin Jones for the bench though.

Does this sound like any campster we know stating in the post season that we didn't need another swing guard but instead needed a bigger player...hmmm

Stanley Roberts, Alvin Jones are still out there.....We could still use SJax off the bench and move SARdown to the 3, Theo to the 4 and Start Roberts at the 5. Or Let Jones play backup 4/5 and Let Nazr start at center, theo 4/ Sar 3

If not, teams like memphis and lakers with big men are gonna kill us.