Bebe Headed Back to Spain

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Just curious (and, I really have no idea!) on how many Hawks draft picks that were left overseas actually ever came back to Atlanta and played for the Hawks? I know the Hawks have new leadership with Ferry so hopefully we will see Bebe and Muscala both playing for the Hawks one day (Hopefully, soon!)!

I don't think we have ever let a first round pick stay overseas and not brought him in and certainly not a top 20 pick. Our late second rounders haven't panned out but that is common of both US and foreign second rounders so I don't think looking back at those examples is a "here we go again" situation so much as an apples to oranges comparison. The Spurs have been doing this for a while.

Here is what I posted in the past on this:

Looking at Jeff Teague as an example, Teague averaged 3.2 ppg and 1.7 apg his rookie season - not much value. If we had the option of leaving him in Europe, he would be earning only $2.5M this season and the team would have another $5-6M to spend this season on other players. That is enough to add an Andrew Bynum type player to the roster without changing our current salary structure.

That is the idea of not 'starting the clock' with a draft pick that you think will be a contributor but not for this season. A ton of teams would do this if they had the option to keep players in college for another year or two of seasoning before starting their rookie contracts.

Exactly and it also gives you a chance at not wasting a lot of money on a bust, should your pick never develop enough to bring over. It works out for the team very well on all fronts.

Edited by Buzzard

Just in case you're reading, Bebe, some food ideas for hearty... oops, I meant healthy eating! Eat like the locals!

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastronom%C3%ADa_de_Madrid

Restaurant Listings for Cocido Madrileno (Madrid stew): http://www.cocidomadrid.com/

A restaurant for Callos a la Madrilena (Tripe Madrid): http://lahuertadelduque.es/

A restaurant for Paella: http://www.lapaelladelareina.com/

~lw3

I spent a summer there, and this is making me miss Madrid!

• Like 1

If u liked Madrid, u should visit the coast of Spain... much better, specially Cadiz or Catalonia beaches

PS: my first comment in hawksquawk Posted Image

BTW Im an Atlanta Hawks fan from Spain y. I dont normally watch ACB, when i was a child i used to watch but now i only usually watch FCBarcelona games or sometimes RMadrid (spanish television seems like RMadrid television, sucks), but this year i'll try to watch Estudiantes and Obradoiro and scout Muscala-Nogueira...

• Like 2

• Moderators

BTW Im an Atlanta Hawks fan from Spain y. I dont normally watch ACB, when i was a child i used to watch but now i only usually watch FCBarcelona games or sometimes RMadrid (spanish television seems like RMadrid television, sucks), but this year i'll try to watch Estudiantes and Obradoiro and scout Muscala-Nogueira...

As hawksfanatic said, there will be a lot of interest in any feedback or scouting you can share. Welcome to the Squawk!

hawksfanatic - that is interesting.

If u liked Madrid, u should visit the coast of Spain... much better, specially Cadiz or Catalonia beaches

PS: my first comment in hawksquawk Posted Image

Welcome! I've been to much of central Spain and south to Andalucia, but not as far as Cadiz. Can't wait to get back and see Barca and the southern coast.

Welcome! I've been to much of central Spain and south to Andalucia, but not as far as Cadiz. Can't wait to get back and see Barca and the southern coast.

If u want any advices just ask me

Vasque Country, Catalonia or Andalusia the best options by far. Best food, beaches, lot of museums or cultural monuments... whatever u want u can do there

If u want any advices just ask me

Vasque Country, Catalonia or Andalusia the best options by far. Best food, beaches, lot of museums or cultural monuments... whatever u want u can do there

Thanks! I appreciate knowing an expert on the country for next time!

Edited by Bahamut