• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mayweather vs. Canelo.

Diesel

• Premium Member

This fight gets me all upset with HBO. HBO sucks... because they no longer have Mayweather or Bronner or anybody of interest.

This fight should be a very good one. If Canelo can land a hard blow, who knows. If Mayweather fights with pinpoint accuracy who knows...

Damn HBO!!

Boxing pretty much sucks. The fighters are ridiculously overpaid and there are very few actually good fights anymore and there's not a single fighter that I care about at this point. Back in the day I would have gladly paid to see Tyson, Sugar Ray, Hearns, Hagler, Holyfield, Lewis, etc. fight but now I'd only pay for boxing if it was a public execution of that turd Mayweather. The UFC is so much better and it's easy to see why it's kicking boxing's ass in terms of popularity since you get 6 very good fights plus all the prelim fights for the same price or less than 1 boxing PPV. I still can't get over how these guys are continually getting paid so much when boxing has lost so many of its fans.

Super rich people who could book a flight and hotel in the desert the same day the fight was announced still see it as a big deal. It's a pretty easy sell when you have someone who is supremely talented yet highly unlikeable. Both outcomes intrigue people: if he gets beat, everyone revels in seeing him taken down a few pegs. If he wins, every since about fight # 30, you have to respect his consistency and technical flawlessness. I'm still, and will always be in the camp that has never seen a full MMA or UFC fight.This is the last truly great fight many experts are saying. Get drunk and have fun. The kid has a chance. Probably the best combination of speed and quickness Floyd has ever seen. He already knows Floyd can't hurt him, so he's gonna be gunning for that one shot all night, most likely a body shot or uppercut. He ain't hitting Floyd with a power shot flush on his face.

Edited by benhillboy

Benny why would you say you'll never see a full MMA fight? Are you really that closed minded? MMA is what real fighting is and the combination of skills required makes the fights very entertaining and you never know when someone will get caught with a shot or in a submission. Underdogs always have a shot and that's the beauty of it.

Benny why would you say you'll never see a full MMA fight? Are you really that closed minded? MMA is what real fighting is and the combination of skills required makes the fights very entertaining and you never know when someone will get caught with a shot or in a submission. Underdogs always have a shot and that's the beauty of it.

I'm a very casual fan of MMA because wrestling is so dominant in the sport. So a lot of matches get boring when guys are rolling around in the ring trying to fight for position to submit or get the tko. I think if they reducedd the scoring advantage that comes with takedowns it would be a whole lot more interesting. Also, MMA like boxing will only be as good as its stars. Silva losing took a a lot of excitement out of the sport. Until there's a fighter than can challenge Jones or St. Pierre I'm not real pressed to watch an event. Its Mayweather that's really propping boxing up. Either you want to see him get beat to death or you want to see him break a record for longest undefeated streak. Just my opinion..

I'm a very casual fan of MMA because wrestling is so dominant in the sport. So a lot of matches get boring when guys are rolling around in the ring trying to fight for position to submit or get the tko. I think if they reducedd the scoring advantage that comes with takedowns it would be a whole lot more interesting. Also, MMA like boxing will only be as good as its stars. Silva losing took a a lot of excitement out of the sport. Until there's a fighter than can challenge Jones or St. Pierre I'm not real pressed to watch an event. Its Mayweather that's really propping boxing up. Either you want to see him get beat to death or you want to see him break a record for longest undefeated streak. Just my opinion..

I agree I'm not a huge fan of the wrestling aspect and when they go to the mat for a long period of time, but the great thing about the UFC is that they're willing to change the rules to put the best product out there. They've already instructed the ref's to stand fighters up quicker if they're not advancing position on the ground and I've heard they're also talking about taking away elbows so that fighters don't get those nasty cuts that stop fights. Contrary to popular belief they aren't trying to create the bloodiest sport out there, simply the most entertaining that they can.

I get what you're saying about Bones Jones and GSP not having real challenges but you honestly never know who could catch one of them sleeping. Just look at Silva and how he lost his last fight. He was acting like a jackass and keeping his hands down and taunting and I don't know if this was some type of intentional loss or what but he got caught and lost his belt. I could easily see a fighter stealing one from GSP as he's been beaten before. Bones Jones I really don't see anyone challenging him in the near future as he's a freak of nature. BTW for the football fans out there, did y'all know that his brother is Chandler Jones, the freak DE for the Patriots? Also, you've got some great fights at 155 and you never know who'll win in the heavyweight division but they've got some really great fighters in that weight class.

As to boxing, sure I hate Mayweather and want to see him lose, but realistically Pac-Man is probably the only guy who could challenge him and we all know they will never fight until they absolutely have to. Outside of that fight, I'm not paying money to watch boxing.