• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dexter Final - Don't open if you have not seen it yet

capstone21

• Admin

I don't know how to do the spoiler thing so

---SPOILER ---

How lame and anti-climatic was that episode. I was waiting for it to be revealed that Dex was the bay harbor butcher and that the force was going to come after him....he was never at risk...there was never any suspense...the fact that he was a serial killer never came into it at all...he just got away with it without any chance of being caught or even suspected of anything...It was lame and I feel like the writers really let us down with this final season.

Side note ... Hannah (chick from Chuck) is super hot.

I don't know how to do the spoiler thing so

---SPOILER ---

How lame and anti-climatic was that episode. I was waiting for it to be revealed that Dex was the bay harbor butcher and that the force was going to come after him....he was never at risk...there was never any suspense...the fact that he was a serial killer never came into it at all...he just got away with it without any chance of being caught or even suspected of anything...It was lame and I feel like the writers really let us down with this final season.

Side note ... Hannah (chick from Chuck) is super hot.

[ spoiler ] SPOILERS [ /spoiler ] without the spaces around the brackets. Or use the special BBCode button next to Font.

I HATED the final episode, seriously hated it. Too many cliches and I knew about halfway into it that he was going to screw his kid and basically leave him an orphan. They totally ripped off The Dark Knight with the hero faking his own death, which BTW how did he survive driving his boat into a hurricane and having his boat destroyed? But yeah he makes his kid an orphan and leaves him in a foreign country with a psychopath of a woman who may or may not take care of him. And how did he just wheel that gurney out of the hospital and then walk the body onto his boat? Come on! Then he stabs the bad guy in the interrogation room and they let him walk out of there?

If they wanted a dark ending, why not have Dexter stab himself in the heart and fall into the ocean? That would have fit in a lot better as he'd be his final evil kill and then he'd be with his sister and be with the bay harbor butcher bodies.

Why did Deb have to die? That made no sense at all.

I can't state enough how much I hated it and watching it back to back with Breaking Bad made it look even worse.

• Admin

[ spoiler ] SPOILERS [ /spoiler ] without the spaces around the brackets. Or use the special BBCode button next to Font.

I HATED the final episode, seriously hated it. Too many cliches and I knew about halfway into it that he was going to screw his kid and basically leave him an orphan. They totally ripped off The Dark Knight with the hero faking his own death, which BTW how did he survive driving his boat into a hurricane and having his boat destroyed? But yeah he makes his kid an orphan and leaves him in a foreign country with a psychopath of a woman who may or may not take care of him. And how did he just wheel that gurney out of the hospital and then walk the body onto his boat? Come on! Then he stabs the bad guy in the interrogation room and they let him walk out of there?

If they wanted a dark ending, why not have Dexter stab himself in the heart and fall into the ocean? That would have fit in a lot better as he'd be his final evil kill and then he'd be with his sister and be with the bay harbor butcher bodies.

Why did Deb have to die? That made no sense at all.

I can't state enough how much I hated it and watching it back to back with Breaking Bad made it look even worse.

The whole series was about him keeping this secret from his family and the people he worked with. This season should about them hunting him but instead it was just another regular bad guy and his secret was never really in danger....just lame

The whole series was about him keeping this secret from his family and the people he worked with. This season should about them hunting him but instead it was just another regular bad guy and his secret was never really in danger....just lame

Yep and I have a really hard time believing that the bad guy never dimed Dexter out for being the butcher or for at least being a killer. This season was pretty bad but the finale really ruined the series. I'd have rather seen him hook up with Deb and live happily and incestuously ever than this garbage. Gonna go back and watch the final Doakes season as that was about the point where the show started to go down hill.

The episode has been universally panned on-line tooVery anticlimatic...I was expecting the dude to give Dexter away and Dexter running from the cops (his friends).

Not that the cops would have ever gotten Dexter as judging by all the bad guys he had to track down, prove guilty and kill himself it's easy to see how incompetent that department really is.

• Admin

This would have been a great ending:Clyde Phillips, the man who served as showrunner on "Dexter" for its first four (and many would say easily its best) seasons, says that has been doing a Q&A on Reddit and seems as baffled as everyone else by some of the decisions made by the current producers - especially over this past season.Most interesting though is he talked with E! Online about the ending he had in mind had he stayed on with the show:"In the very last scene of the series. Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, ‘Oh, it was a dream.’ And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, ‘No, it’s not a dream.’ Dexter’s opening his eyes and he’s on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They’re just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery.And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killed—including the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he’s arguably responsible for, Rita, who he’s arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there.That's what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter. That everything we've seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter's execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies. Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die. I think it would have been a great, epic, very satisfying conclusion."

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just read this since I don't make it to the lounge very often, but man, I don't think they could have made a worse ending to Dexter than that garbage they put out there. The alternate ending you posted would have been light years ahead of the one they did. Like Dolf said, when you compare it to Breaking Bad's brilliant finale, that has to go down as possibly the worst series ending ever!

• Like 2

Just read this since I don't make it to the lounge very often, but man, I don't think they could have made a worse ending to Dexter than that garbage they put out there. The alternate ending you posted would have been light years ahead of the one they did. Like Dolf said, when you compare it to Breaking Bad's brilliant finale, that has to go down as possibly the worst series ending ever!

Makes me yearn for the fade to black of the Sopranos!

• 8 months later...