My take on the Hawks

Vol4ever

No I don't believe he seriously pursued him and I have that from a pretty damn good source. But, we can agree to disagree. I will believe in Ferry when we have a team in place to win a ECF and a championship. That is not the ASG's goal IMO.

You forget that his "pursuit" lasted well before just one night in July.

You forget that Ferry couldn't even get the Magic to give him permission to talk to Dwight before he was traded to LA.

You forget that Ferry brought in all of Dwight's childhood friends and even had a lucrative extension for Josh sitting on the table at the beginning of last season.

You forget that as the season wore on and more and more sources kept proclaiming that Dwight still had zero interest in Atlanta outside of a small chance if Paul was interested too that Ferry coincidentally started to ship off Morrow for Dahntay fricking Jones and was hitting the phones hard in order to trade Josh as well.

You forget that on the eve of free agency, Atlanta's last slim hope at interesting Dwight, puts it out to the world not to bother calling his phone at 12:01am, that he's staying in LA.

You think one meeting, one dinner, one billboard or one pitch is going to change the writting that had been on the wall for years? Ferry already heard it from Josh, he heard it from Dwight's family, from agents, from reporters, and from GMs. When free agency came all that was left for Ferry to do was to finally hear it from Dwight himself.

• Like 2