Hawks vs Spurs

ATLSmith

Horford has to command and protect the paint for us to be competitive in the Eastern Conference. He can't continue banking on weakside help like he could when Smoove was working the blocks beside him....

Oh for goodness sakes will...Al Horford is 6-9 1/2 and has a borderline PF body. It's not like he is going to "control the paint".

...unless we are playing Georgia State.

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Oh for goodness sakes will...Al Horford is 6-9 1/2 and has a borderline PF body. It's not like he is going to "control the paint".

...unless we are playing Georgia State.

Yeah for goodness sake, didn't our GM realize this? I thought Millsap was going to be much better than Smooth and control the paint along with Brand...........same ol Hawks

So, I ended up going to the game and, like any true Atlanta sports fan, I arrived in the 4th quarter.

Some thoughts:

1) Korver had a great scoring night with 27 points.

2) Teague was extra aggressive in the 4th quarter, almost to the point of being reckless at times. There was one play where he got a steal and then basically shoved the Spurs 2nd string PG out of the way to get down the court. Teague was called for the foul but it was one heck of an aggressive move. Teague ended up with 12 assists and 15 points which is a pretty darn good night if you ask me.

3) Late in the 4th there were a couple of baskets that Millsap missed that could have won the game. They were tough shots but it would be nice to see him make those.

4) Cunningham had a great dunk but bricked a 3 point shot a few minutes later. Not sure about his shooting but the kid can get up there.

5) The Hakes fans in attendance were really into the game. This was great to see considering it was a weeknight preseason game.

• Like 1