• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lamond Murray or Ricky Davis?

Do you think the Cavs would be interested in trading either of these two players?

Ricky Davis - 6-6 SG, young, 48% FG, 11.7 PG in 23.8 Min...

Look how well he played after the All-Star break though...

15.1 PG in 28.1 Min, 51% FG, 86.5% FT

Not bad considering the Cavs played him a little bit at SF, which seems about as big a mistake as the Hawks playing DG there...I believe he's a FA, is a SNT possible?

Murray - he's 29, and probably a little older than Babcock would like, but he's a good 3pt. shooter - 42% last year

At 6-7, he's not as tall as a lot of SF's, so I wonder how good he is at defense? (yes, I admit it, I didn't get to watch Cleveland play this last year...) He has a longer contract, although I think it's relatively average for his production level (a little over $4 mil this year, according to the Almighty Gurus at ESPN). Maybe the Cavs would be willing to take one of our SFs & DG in exchange? Since the contracts are shorter?

16.6 PG in 32.6 Min, 5.2 Reb

Compare him with Mike Miller, who's 22, and listed at 6-8:

15.2 PG in 33.7 Min, 4.3 Reb, 38% 3PT

------

Well, like I said, I've not seen much of these players, so what do you guys think of them? We obviously need a 2 or 3, preferably one as flexible as DJ, but our wishlist really narrows things down, wouldn't you say?

Needs to be:

1) A good perimeter shooter/scorer who can draw opponents away from SAR

2) Someone who is NOT a defensive weakness (i.e. DG)

3) Consistent enough to be a 3rd scoring option

4) The younger, the better

5) Obtainable without ruining the core of the team

6) Because of our cap situation and rule #5, the other team must be willing to take some of our BUs' long contracts in return.

-----

I believe it was Jaywalker who typed up a list of the players that he thought would be both obtainable and useful to the Hawks, but since the FA signings are about to begin, I think we should alter the list somewhat. Some things have changed around the league, especially as Hawks management continues to drop hints about what they're looking for...

Any takers?

• Admin

I am not a fan of Murray but Ricky Davis really came alive at the end of the season. He did so well that the Cavs are not letting him go.

The reason they traded Wesley Person was to be able to sign Davis and give him significant playing time at the SG position where he belongs.

He won't be available, look for him to be signed on the 17th.