• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gustavo Ayon´s Debut

Atlantaholic

• Premium Member

What are your thoughts?

I felt he played pretty well, especially considering it's his first action in a while. Was skepticle of having him start over Millsap, but I think it was a success, as I felt the second unit benefited from having Millsap play more minutes with them, and I thought Ayón was solid. I liked that he seemed to be around the ball in every rebound. Felt like he was in position to make a few more plays, but it was encouraging to see him at least be in good position most of the time. I think as he gets more minutes and game action he will start being more productive in terms of points and rebounds. He has a nice touch around the basket and is very fluid for a player his size. Reminds me a bit of Tiago Splitter. Lack of explosiveness and vertical seem to be his weaknesses.

He's got to learn how to defend without fouling. That 2nd foul that sent him out early in the 1st quarter was ridiculous as he just shoved the Sixers player right in the back and then acted like he hadn't done anything.

It will be interesting to see if he's starting tonight as we get a win back from the Knicks.

I liked what I saw in my first time seeing him tonight. A big strong body, nice hands, knows how to position himself, with a nose for the ball. +10, gaudy stat line for just 20 minutes. Seemed like a pretty smart dude, but going up against a team with as questionable a team IQ as NY skews it I'm sure. I rock with him.

Edited by benhillboy