• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JACOBY ELLSBURY SIGNS WITH THE YANKEES. 7 YR $153 Million!

ATLHawks3

I NOW OFFICIALLY HATE THE YANKEES! THEY'RE ALWAYS TRYING TO BUY THEIR CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

It look like the Redsox winning the WS have made the Yankees step up their offseason involvement this year. If Healthy this could be a good signing for the Yankees. I say for the Yankees because for any other team this cripple them.

I am getting a Carl Crawford flashback with this signing though. Similar age when signing,similar years and money. Carl didn't have a real big history of injuries. Jacoby has a long list injuries.

• Like 1

Yep we overpaid again but once we decided to go after McCann might as well go after Ellsbury too since it will only cost us a 2nd round pick. He's an electric player when he's healthy, arguably the best defensive center fielder in the game and the best base stealer as well but he's found ways to get injured. Luckily they're not chronic types of injuries but that worries me a lot. I'm just hoping it won't cost us Cano. Oh and we still need another starter plus a closer and middle relief and a 3rd baseman. Still a lot of holes for the Yankees to fill and we've added 40 million in salary this year for these 2 guys alone. They must feel good that ARod won't be playing next year.

I still hate the Yankees and their endless amount of $$$.

Believe me it sucks just as much being a Yankees fan and seeing us give away premium draft picks for players we're overpaying for every 3-4 years. It's exciting for a few days to get a big signing but this isn't the way to win.

• Like 1

Wow the Mariners are making a HUGE statement if this is true. This much money and Cano can go enjoy being a Mariner. If he can't be content with $23-25 million a year for 7 years with the Yankees then by all means enjoy the rainy NW.

• Like 1

Yeah I think he's getting paid slightly less than King Felix. Good luck to Robbie, he could have had his number retired in NY but now he's gonna go to Seattle and see his numbers drop quite a bit and nobody will remember him. Jay-Z thinks they can make him like Jordan or Ken Griffey Jr and that cracks me up as Cano has no star attraction like those guys. He's an excellent 2 way player and I will miss him but now we can get a few players for his salary. Plus a 1st round pick for him and Granderson leaving to offset what we've lost for Ellsbury and McCann.

Cano and Granderson are gone. If the Yankees can't stay healthy next year, then they will struggle ALOT offensively.

We will probably get Beltran or Choo and Infante is a pretty good offensive player as well so I think our offense will be ok. Plus Tex was injured all year last year and I expect he will bounce back and same for Jeter. Granderson was pretty much home run or bust last year so the only loss will be his power. But our outfield could be nasty defensively and we'll have a ton of speed on the bases. I'd rather see the Yankees become a team that doesn't rely on power anyway.

THE YANKEES AGAIN KEEP SPENDING MONEY.

• Like 1

THE YANKEES AGAIN KEEP SPENDING MONEY.

Nice I hadn't seen that!! I figured we'd go ahead and give him that 3rd year after this. Now we've got Vernon Wells, Ichiro and Alfonso Soriano as extra outfielders so we're gonna be trading 2 of them I'm guessing.

Gardner - Ellsbury - Beltran is a pretty solid outfield

Pretty weak infield though right now. I expect we'll either get Infante or trade for someone within the next few days.

• Like 1

I've heard that we might be interested in trading for Brandon Phillips and Chase Headley and if we make those deals and get that Tanaka kid from Japan I will feel really good about the Yankees chances next year.

Oh and another rumor said the Braves would basically pay the Yankees to take Uggla off their hands but I don't think I'd touch him.

So the Yankees have an outfield of....

Ichiro Suzuki

Vernon Wells

Alfonso Soriano

Carlos Beltran

Jacoby Ellsbury

Bret Gardner

Something just doesn't add up.......

Yep we have a ton of outfielders. The good thing is the Cubs are paying Soriano's salary and I think it's the Angels who are paying Wells's salary so they could be traded easily. I think we'll keep Ichiro as a 4th outfielder and maybe Soriano but Wells will definitely be gone.

• Like 1

A potential starting lineup for the 2014 Yankees

1. CF Jacoby Ellsbury

2. SS Derek Jeter

3. RF Carlos Beltran

4. 2B Alfonso Soriano

5. C Brian McCann

6. 1B Mark Texiera

7. DH Alex Rodriguez

8. 3B Mark Reynolds

9. LF Brett Gardner

Scary if healthy.

And I forgot that Soriano came up as a second basemen. Wow this team, is deeeep (on paper).

Yeah I was thinking that too but he hasn't played there since I think 2006 and he was really slipping in the field. Moving to the OF saved his career. He absolutely will not be moving back to 2B though.

It's highly unlikely that ARod will be back next year and with that lineup I think Jeter would be at the bottom with Gardner batting 2nd.

• Like 1