• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Blockbuster Trade-Reshapes a few teams future

nathan2331

To be honest I got most of this from Real GM so I take no credit for this, I just hope I'm not violating any of this forums rules. I used the ESPN Trade Machine, but this trade can't go down until December 15th. Well here it goes:Hawks in: Spencer Hawes, Chandler Parsons, Terrence Jones, Evan TurnerHawks out: Paul Millsap, Elton Brand, John Jenkins, 2016 1st, ATL 2014 2nd, and Jared CunninghamKnicks in: Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik, Thaddeus Young, Paul Millsap, Elton BrandKnicks out: Carmelo Anthony, Andrea Bargnani, Amare Stoudemire, Iman ShumpertThey blow it up and become a playoff team at the same time.76ers in: Andrea Bargnani, Amare Stoudemire, Iman Shumpert, John Jenkins, Jared Cunningham, 2014 HOU 1st and ATL 2016 1st76ers out: Evan Turner, Spencer Hawes, Thaddeus YoungThey tank hard while taking on bad contracts to prepare for 2015 free agencyRockets in : Carmelo Anthony, Raymond Felton, ATL 2014 2ndRockets out: Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik, Chandler Parsons, Terrence Jones, HOU 2014 1stSwing for the fences and net a superstar.Let me explain how this happens. Anthony puts in a trade request and Houston answers. At this time, Philly is a playoff team and they wish to right the ship to Tankville. In comes Ferry to put this trade together. *Note: Parsons realistically isn't part of the trade, he's redundant with Turner and it's not fair valuation, but I can wish right?How we look afterwards:Teague/Mack/SchroederKorver/Williams/TurnerParsons/Turner/MartinHorford/Jones/ScottHawes/Ayón/Antić

1st off you followed the forum rules precisely by posting your fantasy trade idea here so kudos to you nathan!

2nd yeah I gotta go with Capstone on this, that trade is seriously lopsided in our favor but I wouldn't complain if we could pull it off :)

• Admin

Say Parsons goes to Philly instead. How plausible does this trade become?

The trade is terribly unbalanced.

Just taking the rest of the teams out...there is no way Houston does this. Melo doesn't make sense for them...they have one ball and he wouldn't gel well with Harden and Howard. Parsons who is probably the best deal in the league is a great fit there at SF, Jones has been playing really well at PF and Lin / Asik are key bench players. Yes they are trying to look for a trade of Asik but not to trade basically 4 players for one (well two but Felton is declining quick). Also, why would they want Melo and his me first / chemistry killer game along iwht his contract? Either he stays and cost the Rockets a fortune or he leaves at the end of the season and the Rockets lost all those assets for nothing.

Well I tried. Even though ball sharing would be a problem, not many teams could handle the offensive threat they would possess, although defense would be another question. And I think that trade is balanced. Houston gets out of two terrible contracts in Lin and Asik and receives a superstar return for Parsons, Jones and a first. While Parsons is a great contract, he won't be forever. As for New York they become a playoff team while shedding salary. As for Philly, they commit to tanking by taking on Stoudemire and Bargnani and get loads of cap space in 2015 assuming assuming both players opt in. While their respective GMs may see themselves moving in a different direction, it does help them in some sort of way. Only other alteration I would make is sending Houston Shumpert to fill their void at SF and have us compensate them with a future pick.

I want no part of that trade. This wouldn't make us as good as Miami or Indy. The money is not better and we still don't get a marketable star. We lose our best inside scorer and become even more dependent on the jump shot. If Danny made this deal I might lose it lol

• Admin

No part of DeROZAN ? Are you crazy ? DeRozan is a prime example of UNDERRATED !

DeRozan is a chucker and major chucker at that. He is a me first guy who doesn't play a team game at all. He is about his stats. His shot selection is absolutely terrible. He gets his points but at the expense of team success. The same thing Rudy Gay was doing. He would not help this team.