• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

we need crawford on the court.............

flava

jamal crawford, that is.

as we have seen, with no GRob, JT needs to shift more of his attention towards scoring. hence, this year he has fewer assists and more turnovers.

now that we have made a committment to JT (for 3 years) and now that it is clear he isn't a prototypical PG, i say we go with the original plan A: trade for a big PG.

one such candidate is jamal crawford, a 6'6" PG for the chicago bulls. the bull wanna trade him and we need him. sounds like the perfect match.

on D, he could cover the opposing teams SG and on O, he could push and distribute the ball.

we could give them dickau and if things don't work out, we let crawford go in the offseason.

this frees JT up to do what he does best, score!

flava

esp. not iwth his better version Heinrich already there. But they're worrying about Curry, and Chandler's shown more promise. I've said before, that if they have a bad season, or aren't going to make the playoffs near the deadline, things could go south...and the same could be said of us (though I think of everyone Stotts and JT are the most safe in season).

Are move valuable trade assets are Reef >= Theo (situational) > Nazr with Hendu as possible cap fodder if truly needed, and DD for smaller cap filler. That's about it really.

I can't figure out a Reef trade there (that's not a three way or without draft picks, who I still haven't figured out how to incorporate into trades), but his trade does work:

Atlanta trades: C Theo Ratliff (7.5 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 1.1 apg in 31.4 minutes)

PG Dan Dickau (0.0 ppg, 0.5 rpg, 1.0 apg in 2.5 minutes)

Atlanta receives: SF Eddie Robinson (3.5 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.2 apg in 17.1 minutes)

C Eddy Curry (13.4 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 1.4 apg in 31.4 minutes)

PG Jamal Crawford (13.3 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 4.6 apg in 29.9 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +22.7 ppg, +4.2 rpg, and +5.1 apg.

Chicago trades: SF Eddie Robinson (3.5 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.2 apg in 17.1 minutes)

C Eddy Curry (13.4 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 1.4 apg in 31.4 minutes)

PG Jamal Crawford (13.3 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 4.6 apg in 29.9 minutes)

Chicago receives: C Theo Ratliff (7.5 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 1.1 apg in 11 games)

PG Dan Dickau (0.0 ppg, 0.5 rpg, 1.0 apg in 2 games)

Change in team outlook: -22.7 ppg, -4.2 rpg, and -5.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

CURRYs not a good enuf rebounder... in fact, hes worse than Ratliff at rebounding.

Currys definitely the better SCORER tho... but we already got a good inside threat with Abdur-Rahim...

if we're gonna trade Ratliff, we a better rebounder.

As for the Bulls- they can do better than Ratliff..

i believe the Bulls/Knicks are talkin and its gettin somewhat heavy...

• Premium Member

Chicago's not desperate to get rid of Crawford.

They definitely won't do this. The only thing this does is provide a player who plays beside Chandler who makes Chicago's defensive front awesome. The problem is that Chandler will have some back problems. Having Theo will not help on the offensive ends.

The only way Chicago entertain this trade is if we add 2 first rounders.

Crawford is talented but, from reading reports on him, he seems like a real prima donna. That and he can't play defense. a backcourt of Terry and Crawford could score 40 points a night but they would give up 60. Plus, I still don't think Chicago would do that trade without picks, as D suggested.

i'm on the court with flava. I feel as far as talentwise we're fine in every spot(no need in going and trading theo and reef, etc..) except for the whole Terry/position issue.

I think you bring in a big point like Crawford and do like Flava said on the defensive aspect and we instantly have an identity.

Glover is playing well so you may want to throw together a package of Glover Nailon Dickau for Crawford and some other player or pick.

And yes Diaw needs to shoot more to help with his turnovers. Good assessment there.