• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Kings

lethalweapon3

Another great game that wasn't broadcast. According to the paper schedule, it'll be the last untelevised game this season at least.

I tried listening to the game on 92.9's website, but their two links were to sports talk and a V-103 broadcast. What the hell?

Another great game that wasn't broadcast. According to the paper schedule, it'll be the last untelevised game this season at least.

I tried listening to the game on 92.9's website, but their two links were to sports talk and a V-103 broadcast. What the hell?

I think a few people posted links to streams to the game. But I certainly wouldn't go to those links unless you want crap on your system. Even on my Mac, which is much less likely to get viruses and with virus protection software, I've still gotten malware from them. But yeah you definitely missed an exciting game.

I think a few people posted links to streams to the game. But I certainly wouldn't go to those links unless you want crap on your system. Even on my Mac, which is much less likely to get viruses and with virus protection software, I've still gotten malware from them. But yeah you definitely missed an exciting game.

I read the game summary this morning and was furious. What was broadcast instead on our TWO regional sports networks? Men's and women's college bball, and not even any local teams. Unreal.

• Like 1

I read the game summary this morning and was furious. What was broadcast instead on our TWO regional sports networks? Men's and women's college bball, and not even any local teams. Unreal.

I think it is more likely that the A$G pushed for this game to not be shown than Fox SportsSouth declining coverage of the game in favor of showing something else in their inventory. We generally have 3-5 games not broadcast and mid-week December games against a crappy team usually get the "don't broadcast!" vote for SportSouth.

I think it's ridiculous that they don't televise every single home game. I'm sure Bob and Nique were there at the game so why not have them call it?

• Like 2

• Moderators

Without giving away the names of those semi-shady links... the Ad-Block add-on for my Chrome browser has accorded me quite well.

Usually, there's the "Link 1" "Link 2" stuff you have to click through, with each click producing one of those shady pop-ups you need Lysol and a tetanus shot to get rid of. Usually one of those links takes you right to the game video within seconds (the video link that's hosted by "P2P4ALL" or somesuch is usually the most reliable). As long as you avoid the video links that mandate you click around the video to see it ("You don't have some super-special plug-in that you really don't need in order to see this video. CLICK HERE!"), with the Ad-Block add-on, you can get to the game without having to pay to watch any Russian supermodels. I think I've said too much, so I'll stop there.

~lw3

• Like 1

Without giving away the names of those semi-shady links... the Ad-Block add-on for my Chrome browser has accorded me quite well.

Usually, there's the "Link 1" "Link 2" stuff you have to click through, with each click producing one of those shady pop-ups you need Lysol and a tetanus shot to get rid of. Usually one of those links takes you right to the game video within seconds (the video link that's hosted by "P2P4ALL" or somesuch is usually the most reliable). As long as you avoid the video links that mandate you click around the video to see it ("You don't have some super-special plug-in that you really don't need in order to see this video. CLICK HERE!"), with the Ad-Block add-on, you can get to the game without having to pay to watch any Russian supermodels. I think I've said too much, so I'll stop there.

~lw3

That's interesting I have that in Chrome but it hasn't helped me. I still ended up with this Yontoo malware crap the last time I tried to watch a game, which I believe was the Falcons - Dolphins game since DirecTV was crapping out on their online stream.

• Moderators

~lw3

• Like 1

I think it's ridiculous that they don't televise every single home game. I'm sure Bob and Nique were there at the game so why not have them call it?

I saw Nique there sitting courtside with his wife and one of the Hawks owners. Shaq was there too. Probably to watch Cousins since he worked out with him in the preseason and promised to make him the best C in the NBA.

I didn't see Bob. He was probably working a college game last night.

I also say Rick Sund and Danny Ferry sitting beside one another about 3 rows behind the basket closest to the Hawks bench. They were in each others ear the whole game. Wish I had seats in the row behind them so I could have listened in.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

I saw Nique there sitting courtside with his wife and one of the Hawks owners. Shaq was there too. Probably to watch Cousins since he worked out with him in the preseason and promised to make him the best C in the NBA.

I didn't see Bob. He was probably working a college game last night.

I also say Rick Sund and Danny Ferry sitting beside one another about 3 rows behind the basket closest to the Hawks bench. They were in each others ear the whole game. Wish I had seats in the row behind them so I could have listened in.

You mean, this:

"Do you know how to upload videos to facebook?"

• Moderators

In other news, the Lethal Pelican fantasy team over the past 3 games shooting .800 FG%, .100 FT%, .700 3 PT% and averaging 150 points per day while destroying the lowly El Cunado's.

Hey, Kyle gave me 8 threes last night and I'm still losing on threes and 3PT%! Keep hope alive!

~lw3

This thread went ape$hit.. This is by far the longest game thread I can recall at the squawk.Nevermind 94% of it has nothing to do with the actual game..

Says the guy who said the Asik trade was on hold in this thread. Now who's the REALLY guilty one of moving this thread off track? That's what I thought!! lol

If this game was on TV this thread would have died a long time ago like the dodo bird. It must have really sucked listening to the SacKings announcers bad mouth the emptiness of Philips Arena.

Only us true fans are allowed to do that.Posted Image