• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Tice is the new offensive line coach

HawkItus

I dunno this seems like an awful quick hire. There are some seriously talented young OC types out there looking to get that chance to run an offense and y'all hire this meathead? I'm not a huge fan of offensive line coaches running the offense and calling plays, I'd rather have a QB coach or skills position coach who will open things up. Miami are interviewing the Eagles QB coach (Bill Lazor) today and I don't know if he'd be bringing the Chip Kelly offense with him but that's the type of exciting offense I'd want my team to have... and the Falcons probably have enough skills players to pull it off too. Was he even considered?

I dunno this seems like an awful quick hire. There are some seriously talented young OC types out there looking to get that chance to run an offense and y'all hire this meathead? I'm not a huge fan of offensive line coaches running the offense and calling plays, I'd rather have a QB coach or skills position coach who will open things up. Miami are interviewing the Eagles QB coach (Bill Lazor) today and I don't know if he'd be bringing the Chip Kelly offense with him but that's the type of exciting offense I'd want my team to have... and the Falcons probably have enough skills players to pull it off too. Was he even considered?

Mike Tice will be the O-Line coach. Dirk Koetter is still the O.C.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Matthews or Robinson I feel are both can't miss prospects and no way both are gone before we pick at 6.

Matthews or Robinson I feel are both can't miss prospects and no way both are gone before we pick at 6.

I definitely agree on Matthews... but outside of him you really can't have 100% faith in any of these college kids as you just don't know. They could end up being a stud for one team under one system and a total dud on another team in another system.

I'd rather to Vets with the O-line and get some more help on D. We might need to replace Weatherspoon and we need more meet on the DL. Put the young OL through a tough strength and conditioning program and hire some tuff SOBs to cover Matt's @ss until they grow up.

Hopefully this will be a good hire. Bringing in a big name such as Tice mean they are finally facing the reality of the OL.

Could also mean they hope he can coach up the existing group so they won't have to bring in free agents or use draft picks.

Could also mean they hope he can coach up the existing group so they won't have to bring in free agents or use draft picks.

They can coach them up all they want but they dare NOT address the O-Line in either free agency or draft. They have to do either.

Flowery branch will be a towering inferno of the Falcons have the same O-Line starting next season.

I'd rather to Vets with the O-line and get some more help on D. We might need to replace Weatherspoon and we need more meet on the DL. Put the young OL through a tough strength and conditioning program and hire some tuff SOBs to cover Matt's @ss until they grow up.

Really? We could get a guy that would anchor our line for the next decade and you'd rather try and put a band aid on it like we've been doing (which is the problem in the first place). Getting a linebacker to replace spoon isn't really a priority and definitely shouldn't be something we're trying to do with our top pick. We can go after guys like Orakpo, Henry Melton, or Greg Hardy ( doubt panthers let him go but still) or Michael Johnson, Michael Bennett, Jared Allen etc etc.....point is easier to get production on the dline thru free agency than the oline

Really? We could get a guy that would anchor our line for the next decade and you'd rather try and put a band aid on it like we've been doing (which is the problem in the first place). Getting a linebacker to replace spoon isn't really a priority and definitely shouldn't be something we're trying to do with our top pick. We can go after guys like Orakpo, Henry Melton, or Greg Hardy ( doubt panthers let him go but still) or Michael Johnson, Michael Bennett, Jared Allen etc etc.....point is easier to get production on the dline thru free agency than the oline

Did you not see Dolf's post? There are no guarantees with a rookie. A good band aid is fine if you stop the bleeding. The band aid line was fine to get us to NFC Championship game and multiple playoff births. One guy is not going to get your line stabilized. So yes I think we need vets to come in for OL. I did not say use our top pick on LB, but Clowney may play some LB if we go 3-4. Those vet LB cost more than 2nd or 3rd round guys.

PROSPECTIVE UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT TACKLES
Jordan Gross, Carolina; Zach Strief, New Orleans; Eugene Monroe, Baltimore; Anthony Collins, Cincinnati; Branden Albert, Kansas City; Rodger Saffold, St. Louis; Eben Britton, Chicago; J’Marcus Webb, Minnesota; Dennis Roland, Cincinnati; Andrew Gardner, Houston; Bruce Campbell, Carolina; Jonathan Scott, Chicago; Mike Johnson, Atlanta ; Sean Locklear, Atlanta; Breno Giacomini, Seattle; Tony Pashos, Oakland; Winston Justice, Denver; Tyson Clabo, Miami; Austin Howard, New York Jets; Jason Fox, Detroit; Jeremy Trueblood, Atlanta; Sam Young, Jacksonville; Will Svitek, New England; Ryan Harris, Houston; Jared Veldheer, Oakland; Mike Otto, Tennessee; Guy Whimper, Pittsburgh; Charles Brown, New Orleans; Marshall Newhouse, Green Bay; Michael Oher, Baltimore; Eric Winston, Arizona; Khalif Barnes, Oakland and Bryant McKinnie, Miami.
PROSPECTIVE UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT GUARDS
Travelle Wharton, Carolina; Geoff Schwartz, Kansas City; Jon Asamoah, Kansas City; Shelley Smith, St. Louis: Richie Incognito, Miami; Mike Pollak, Cincinnati; Brian Waters, Dallas; Garry Williams; Carolina; Willie Colon, New York Jets; Geoff Hangartner, Carolina; Chad Rinehart, San Diego; Rich Ohrnberger, San Diego; John Jerry, Miami; Charlie Johnson, Minnesota; Zane Beadles, Denver; Jeff Linkenbach, Indianapolis; Vladimir Ducasse, New York Jets: Wade Smith, Houston; Kevin Boothe, New York Giants; Jamon Meredith, Buffalo; Shawn Lauvao; Cleveland; Oniel Cousins, Cleveland; Chris Williams, St. Louis; Mike McGlynn, Indianapolis; Paul McQuistan, Seattle; David Diehl, New York Giants.
PROSPECTIVE UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT CENTERS
Dominic Raiola, Detroit; Alex Mack, Cleveland; Evan Dietrich-Smith, Green Bay; Roberta Garza, Chicago; Jonathan Goodwin, San Francisco; Brian De La Puente, New Orleans; Steve Vallos, Denver; Joe Hawley, Atlanta; Dylan Gandy, Detroit; Dan Koppen, Denver; J.D. Walton, Washington; Mike Gibson, Arizona; Ryan Cook, Dallas; Joe Berger, Minnesota; Chris Spencer, Tennessee; Cody Wallace, Pittsburgh; Fernando Velasco, Pittsburgh; Andre Gurode, Oakland; Ted Larsen, Tampa Bay; Brad Meester, Jacksonville; Robert Turner, Tennessee; and Ryan Wendell, New England.