• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Tice is the new offensive line coach

HawkItus

Yeah I saw dolf's post....there's no guarantee with any rookie sooooo....and the band aid clearly didn't stop the bleeding. Did you happen to watch our line this year? We couldn't run or protect Matt. If clowney is there I'm all for taking him but I just don't see that being very likely but I do think that at least one of Matthews or Robinson will be there for our pick and I'd rather go that route than to reach on an dlineman who shouldn't go that early just bc we're desperate. Just me, everybody feels differently about this tho.

Yeah I saw dolf's post....there's no guarantee with any rookie sooooo....and the band aid clearly didn't stop the bleeding. Did you happen to watch our line this year? We couldn't run or protect Matt. If clowney is there I'm all for taking him but I just don't see that being very likely but I do think that at least one of Matthews or Robinson will be there for our pick and I'd rather go that route than to reach on an dlineman who shouldn't go that early just bc we're desperate. Just me, everybody feels differently about this tho.

We have enough holes in the roster where we will probably need the BPA.

Bryan Cox the former standout LB and raving lunatic from the Dolphins? That's a good hire that man is intense! I remember him snatching a Buffalo fan out if the stands one year during a snow game cause the guy threw a bottle at him or something like that.

Bryan Cox the former standout LB and raving lunatic from the Dolphins? That's a good hire that man is intense! I remember him snatching a Buffalo fan out if the stands one year during a snow game cause the guy threw a bottle at him or something like that.

That would be the one lol

• 2 weeks later...

Scott Peoli just hired as assistant GM. The Cox and Tice hires immediately please the fanbase. Dimitroff making moves and surrounding the franchise with respected football men in their specific capacities to advise him on the areas where he's failed, clearly O-Line and defensive front. Baker and Spoon both yielded what, one great season a piece and the rest injury and dissapointment? I like Babs and Peters a lot, but I don't love em. The Osi move actually deflated some of my interest in the team. When Biermann went down, the writing was on the wall.I didnt catch much of the second half of the season, but was pleased to learn Trufant was so solid. Are Worwillow and Bartu good enough to start going forward? I know nothing of college football, but I heard we were slated to go with a sure-fire LB named Barr or something over the more high risk/ reward DEs or OLs.

Edited by benhillboy

This was as good as it was gonna get for Pioli as it seems nobody around the league are interested in giving him another shot as a GM. I don't know if I believe he's a good GM or not but I was kinda surprised the Dolphins and Bucs didn't consider him.

The Pioli hire at least encourages me that two eyes are better than one. I think Dimitroff has had divided attention since Les Snead left. We had a good group of scouts and management types leave to head up other franchises. I think this move gets us back on track as far as player acquisitions.

The Pioli hire at least encourages me that two eyes are better than one. I think Dimitroff has had divided attention since Les Snead left. We had a good group of scouts and management types leave to head up other franchises. I think this move gets us back on track as far as player acquisitions.

He's certainly an experienced guy and that is never a bad thing. Just hope it doesn't become a distraction having such a high profile former GM and Belichick disciple waiting in the wings.

Good offseason so far...keep it going in the draft and free agency. And to benhill worrilow and bartu are both more than gods enough to start going foward. Worrilow is always around the ball, guy just makes plays and jop is that quick athletic guy that showed at times this year that he could e a pretty good cover guy with time

Good offseason so far...keep it going in the draft and free agency. And to benhill worrilow and bartu are both more than gods enough to start going foward. Worrilow is always around the ball, guy just makes plays and jop is that quick athletic guy that showed at times this year that he could e a pretty good cover guy with time

Preciate it, good to hear. I forgot Pioli was drafting for the Chiefs. If he can bring us an azzload of Pro Bowlers on D like he did them then he'll be the king of the city. I heard on the radio, I think from Jamie Dukes, that he was one of the few Belichik guys who wasn't a yes man.