• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA TV Question

hazer

I'm cutting the cable chord and going strictly with streaming. Recently bought 3 smart flat screens with built-in wifi, Netflix, etc plus adding HD antennas for free network reception. Question is this: I'll have the option to purchase the NBA TV package. What is the home game blackout policy? I live 3 hours south of Atlanta in Albany GA and currently watch the Hawks on FSS via Mediacom cable. Will I be missing all home games? Preesh in advance...

• Moderators

I'm going to answer even though I don't really know. I think you either miss ALL Hawks games or none. If they deem you to be in the Atlanta viewing area then you get no hawks at all. If not you would get them all. I'm pretty sure on NBATV home/away doesn't matter.

You can work around this with a proxy server i'm told. There is another thread about this. Maybe search nbatv.

I'm in the process of setting myself up for this same transition. For basketball I'm planning on signing up for a subscription to ballstreams.com so that I don't have to worry about home game blackouts. Check it out, it's very highly reviewed.

Most people's first reaction will probably be "how the heck is this legal?!" That was MY initial reaction. :laugh: But they've been offering the same type of service for NHL hockey for years and keep going strong, so I guess their loophole is working for them and their customers.

I'm cutting the cable chord and going strictly with streaming. Recently bought 3 smart flat screens with built-in wifi, Netflix, etc plus adding HD antennas for free network reception. Question is this: I'll have the option to purchase the NBA TV package. What is the home game blackout policy? I live 3 hours south of Atlanta in Albany GA and currently watch the Hawks on FSS via Mediacom cable. Will I be missing all home games? Preesh in advance...

I dunno know but it's about time you cut the chord-my x gf referring to my relation with my mom :-(

Don't set em up if you don't want em knocked down that's what I always say. And I know Spudz is gonna look back and what he wrote and have an :ahf: moment

I got got :-/....lol

I went to school in Valdosta a couple of years, I had FSS, but the Hawks and Braves games were not televised. Idk if its the same situation or not, just throwin it out there.

I know I answered this before, but I can't find my dang post. Oh well.

Pretty sure that FSS market covers Albany, which would imply you are out of luck unless you are saavy with VPN or other streaming stuff.

I tried that a couple of years ago. I'm in WNC and was told that I could

get the Hawks games, but I couldn't. They kept saying, "We're working on it."

Finally, about 10 days before the season's end, I was informed that I was within

the "restricted" area, I wasn't allowed to get the games but that I would get

no refund because I could have watched other games, which I had no desire

to do. I purchased it with the understanding I would get Hawks games.

With my experience, I say beware and don't believe anything they tell you.

Posted Image