• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Desmond Trufant name PFF Defensive Rookie of the Year

WraithSentinel

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/08/2013-pff-defensive-rookie-of-the-year/

2013 PFF Defensive Rookie of the Year

Desmond Trufant, CB, Atlanta Falcons

He snuck up on us, lost a little in a horrible year for Atlanta but shining brightly enough by the end that nobody could miss it.

Trufant looked a little lost in preseason but we’re now convinced he was just rope-a-doping us because once the regular season started he looked like exactly the player the Falcons needed from the draft. He ended the year with a league-leading 15 pass break-ups to go with his two picks, allowing just 53.4% of balls thrown his way to be completed.

Posted Image
That earned him the eighth-highest coverage grade of all cornerbacks and what makes that so special and him the Defensive Rookie of the Year, is just how hard that is to do as a rookie.

Look, for example, at how long it took Dee Milliner to show up and you see just how rare a feat Trufant achieved in a team with ranked as our worst pass rushing outfit.

• Like 2

He had such a good season quietly. Looking at the rest of the rankings, it makes me feel like if Clowney or Barr aren't available, we need to grab a player like Nix from ND. Big tackles like that open up everything for your defense.

He played his butt off as the season went on. He and Alford are going I be a great pair for the next 5-8 years, I'm excited about them. He may not get a lot of takeaways but he's a shutdown guy and that's what you really want

I won't sit here and lie saying that I followed the Falcons a lot after Week 7 or 8, but damn. I had no idea he played that well. I was thinking we only had a sure fire nickel corner going into next season in McClain with Asante's health in question every week. I will be following him next season. It's crazy, every NFL team, even the Jaguars, have an outstanding player you've never heard of.