• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I know the BIG Bruiser that we need!

Diesel

• Premium Member

Roy Tarpley.

Ok, I know, He's an old man who has been put out of the league 2 times. But since 94, he has gone on to a career in Europe. Now he's back in the US playing in the CBA. He's putting up really good numbers for a player his age. I'm not saying he's a starter... I'm saying he's a guy who can go out and give us about 10-15 good minutes.

Right now, he's averaging 23 points, 15 rebs against the young guys. I think in the pros, he could muster 8 points 8 rebounds in limited (less than 16) minutes.

IF not Tarplay,

Kris Lang

Kevin Lyde

Both of these guys are NBADL... Both are good rebounders.

JTFan,

The same would have been said of Newble and Wilks.

Some guys can just bring their game to all levels.

Besides, I really don't believe the talent level is THAT different between the pros and the second-tier. If it were, then guys from college and high school couldn't come in and dominate.

There is a chance that these guys can contribute off the bench.

Doesn't matter anyhow, we have a full ship.

Play.

JTFan,

While that isn't exactly true, as you can't throw in any name from High School or college, but the step up in play doesn't seem all that grand.

Otherwise, high school kids wouldn't be able to start in this league... no matter HOW advanced they are above their peers' age-group. College kids wouldn't be able to make the transition in less than a year.

Obviously, there is a competitive level of basketball being played.

If the guy is putting up ridiculous numbers, then it is highly possible he could translate into a decent bench player. It is also possible that he would mature like an Ira Newble.

A lot of these guys didn't get the real chance to prove themselves, either because they came from a small school or developed late or weren't able to play college. They were just overlooked. There a definitely gems to be plucked.

You aren't going to pluck the next MJ, but you could get a really good contributer.

Play.

Kemp and Roberts are the 2 names I've mentioned in the past, they are the names just brought up earlier in this thread and they're the same names I'm mentioning now.

Either can give us what ekenzie was giving us and more.

When I mentioned Kemp before the season started everyone was screaming, no....we need guards, more guards and There's no way he'll sign for the vet minimum. Well, he hasn't been signed by anyone, and we get our collective rears kicked on the boards every night. Beat like a drum inside.

Wake up people, your starting PG and SG are averaging over 10 rebounds a game. 10 boards from the guards. Is it because they're really tall, hardly...it's because our big guys are way undersized and need the help and it's killing the fast break.

Trade Ratliff and Henderson to Portland for Rasheed and Sign Stanley Roberts to play center...Then line up JT, Glover, Wallace, SAR and Roberts. Backup with JV, Jackson, Diaw, Nailon, Nazr.

Another guard (no harm meant to Parker) is not what we need.

• Premium Member

He will be reinstated by Dec....

Actually, he only had 1 drug abuse in Dallas (caine). He came back in 94 and was caught drunk and was tossed out of the league.

I understand rules are rules... But when you have Baker having admitting to being Drunken for the last 3 years and the league not doing anything... a 9 year suspension over being drunk is absurd. Especially in light of Barkley...