• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

GSU basketball right here in downtown ATL

coachx

I encourage anyone who wants to see good and fun basketball to head down to the The Sports Arena and check this GSU team out. Undefeated at home.14 game win streak.10-0 in conference.Tons of Atlanta area kids on the team.G / Ryan Harrow - UK's starting PG last season. Transferred back to ATL to be near his dad after suffering a stroke. Applied for hardship and did not have to sit out a year. Top 25 player in HS. Just a junior.G / RJ Hunter - stud shooter in the mold of Reggie Miller. Could have played for top 25 schools but chose to play for his dad.....who is the head coach. Just a soph.Coach Ron Hunter - great personality and great coach. Up tempo ball with 4 solid shooters on the floor at all times.Manny Atkins - 6'6'' do everything foward who can shoot the lights out. Senior who transferred from Virginia Tech.Devonte White - sr PG and team captain. Sacrifices his scoring for the betterment of the team.Curt Washington - jr 6'9'' PF/ C. Solid athlete who plays above the rim. Plenty of blocks and rim rattling dunks. Transferred from USC.All 5 starters could start for most schools in the country or at least be a 6th man.This is team is fun to watch. Tomorrow at 6:00 they play on national TV against Troy St on ESPN2.Monday night at 7:30 play Texas St in downtown ATL.All concessions are just $1.Come see me at Sensational Subs before a game. It's just 2 blocks from the arena. Good subs and cheap beer......and some fun GSU fans / true Atlantans to hang out with.This team has a great chance of being the Cinderalla teal of the NCAA Tourney this year. I encourage any Atlanta basketball fans to come to a game. Tons of fun !

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

Thank you for this, coach! Saved me some typing. Best ball in town right now. GSU did a fine job putting this squad together around RJ Hunter. Also in-state: don't nobody sleep on Mercer, either! ~lw3

Mercer has to get by Florida Gulf Coast in their conference Tourney........FGC took them out last year and went to the Sweet 16. Definitely not sleeping on them though.GSU is in downtown ATL. Going to my 4th game of the season Monday night. Hated seeing their 14th game win streak get snapped on national TV last night to the next to last place Troy St. However, 2nd place WKU lost to last place USA last night. That's basketball. The top teams catch everyone's A game with them looking for a signature win. Rather the, lose now then in the conference tourney in NOLA. Edited by coachx

Doggone it, we jinxed 'em! lol Still a great team,pulling for these guys to win the Sun Belt! Still 10-1 in the conference! Another food aside: I owe roughly 5 pounds of my body weight to Sensational Subs' cheesesteaks. ~lw3

Love the chicken philly. Cheapest beer in town for sure.Have you been to any games this year ?

• Moderators

Love the chicken philly. Cheapest beer in town for sure.Have you been to any games this year ?

Just one, UALR last month, a big win. Brutal overlap with the Hawks games! But I do wish I could trade in my attendance at snoozefest Jacket games with the Panthers' home games. The fans are really getting into it at the Sports Arena.

~lw3

Just one, UALR last month, a big win. Brutal overlap with the Hawks games! But I do wish I could trade in my attendance at snoozefest Jacket games with the Panthers' home games. The fans are really getting into it at the Sports Arena.

~lw3

I got an extra ticket tonight if you want it for free.

Had 4 for this game originally scheduled for last Thursday. With reschedule one of friends can't make it. Plan on pre-gaming at either Sensation Subs or Sidebar before the game. (Sensational Suns normally is locking up as we walk out the door for 7:00 tip-offs. With this game starting at 7:30 I'm not sure how late they will stay open. (Normally there are about 12 GSU fans in there pregaming.) Sidebar has more on the menu. You can meet us for the pregame or meet us infront of the Sports Arena before the game.

Seats are 6 rows from the floor at half court.

Huge win by GSU tonight. Manny Atkins hit a 3 with .6 seconds left to win the game .GSU is the hottest team in GA . If you live near Atlanta, and are not paying attention, then your missing out on some good basketball.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Oh, so close! I had been saying for awhile that it would really help if they could get somebody to knock off Shawn Long for them so they wouldn't have to.

Great season nonetheless, plus (don't look fanatic!) I think they got a good shot to win the 1st round of the NIT. Go Panthers!

~lw3

Oh, so close! I had been saying for awhile that it would really help if they could get somebody to knock off Shawn Long for them so they wouldn't have to.

Great season nonetheless, plus (don't look fanatic!) I think they got a good shot to win the 1st round of the NIT. Go Panthers!

~lw3

Not so fast!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Tough end of last season for the Panthers. But future SunBelt foes had better be-Ware...

GSU is becoming Transfer Central! A very good fit.

~lw3

Tough end of last season for the Panthers. But future SunBelt foes had better be-Ware...

GSU is becoming Transfer Central! A very good fit.

~lw3

"perfect fit" as in a school that's like 70% women in the middle of a nice city. It'd be the perfect fit for me too.
  • Like 1