• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks Daily Vitamins

Just what are in the Hawks' daily vitamins?Several times this season, during interviews, Hawks players would mention “daily vitamins” as part of their routines. I assumed they literally meant a vitamin regime.....Daily vitamins have nothing to do with supplements. They are, in fact, a major part of the Hawks’ player development system. It is the term used for the daily one-on-one time that assistant coaches work with an individual player. Under the system, different assistants are assigned a group of players.

“We work specifically with that individual on his game,” assistant Darvin Ham said.

The procedure is part of first-year coach Mike Budenholzer’s system. It’s not the norm, according to Ham.

“I’ve been around teams where quite honestly, you get your work in if you have the time before or after practice,” Ham said. “It’s usually random or fragmented. Then you do have some players that carve out the time to make sure they get individual work every day. For a coach to establish that has one of the main routines that we do daily, it’s the first time I’ve seen it. I love it. I wish I had it when I was a player.”

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/atlanta-hawks/2014/feb/14/just-what-are-hawks-daily-vitamins/

Is CViv admitting he doesn't understand things? I'm not sure what to make of this article, Viv did not understand something that no one knew about and is telling us about why he didn't understand this thing we never knew about?

• Premium Member

This is a really important concept. Glad they are taking the the to help make guys better. Makes sense why our team with minimal talent can stay in the at off picture. It gives me hope if we can get more talented players (that of course will buy into the system).

• Like 2

Good deal. Mike finishing in various ways, Sap extending his range a little, Shelvin's handling, and Carrolle's work off the ball are a few examples. It's safe to assume if you aren't seeing a marked improvement in this system something's wrong with you. Either you're slow, stubborn, or both (Josh).

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1