• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Terminus - The Walking Dead

Admin

Just thought that I'd start up a new topic on the 2nd half of this season of The Walking Dead.

Thought it was pretty cool to find out that this new place they are all likely heading to is called Terminus and that was the original name of Atlanta (according to the show) and that it means "End of the line", which I think is crazy foreshadowing.

What do you guys think of this 2nd half of the season? To me it's a little slow but it's still been good. It's crazy to think like Rick says in Talking Dead how it's been 1.5 years since the apocalypse and the only people who'd be out on there own or in small groups would be murderers, rapists, criminals, etc. Makes you wonder if that's how it would really be.

I think we are approaching the end of the series. The characters are going to receive a purpose and eventually fulfill it. If so, I'm happy if it does end in a respectable way like I'm thinking. We may have 2 or 3 seasons at most.

Been enjoying it. I don't have high hopes for a ending in the since of closure. I think the original creator of the story was trying to make a point. The zombies etc. are just background noise. The problem is and has always been human nature. Instead of working together to fight the zombies and establish a sanctuary for survivors, they are facing the worst threats from each other.

• Like 1

I think we are approaching the end of the series. The characters are going to receive a purpose and eventually fulfill it. If so, I'm happy if it does end in a respectable way like I'm thinking. We may have 2 or 3 seasons at most.

I dunno, apparently they are only 1/3 of the way through the comics and this series is so highly rated it's hard to believe they'd end it anytime soon with so much more material. Plus there's the spin-off coming with another group of survivors.

• 1 month later...

So Terminus this Sunday.

And apparently someone is going to die. Who are you betting on? I pretty sure Rick, Carl, Glenn's group, and any of the new folks are safe Michonne, Daryl, Carol, and her partners are not. My guess wold be Daryl eats it.

So Terminus this Sunday.

And apparently someone is going to die. Who are you betting on? I pretty sure Rick, Carl, Glenn's group, and any of the new folks are safe Michonne, Daryl, Carol, and her partners are not. My guess wold be Daryl eats it.

Hmm

Where'd you hear that? And no way it's Daryl as the fans would riot. I'd say he's probably more loved than Rick now. My guess if someone is going to die it's gonna be either the lesbian new girl (her name escapes me) or Bob as he's just not that important. If it's a major character I'm guessing it could be Maggie's sister (another brain fart on name). Definitely won't be Daryl, Maggie, Glenn, Carl, Rick, or Michonne.

Sooo

Cannibals?? That's what I'm reading and I gotta say I did not see that coming at all. I was a bit let down by the season finale last night but the season on the whole was pretty darn good and last week's 'Look at the flowers' was possibly the best episode of them all plus the mid-season finale was amazing as well. Sucks to have to wait until October or whatever it is now but I guess we'll just have to wait and see how they get out of this jam. I'm guessing somehow Carol and Tyreese will be coming to the rescue since I don't recall seeing them in the rail car.

What did y'all think?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to sound like a debbie-downer, but I absolutely loathe the fact that I still reserve time on my Sunday nights for this show. I don't get anything out of it anymore, and every character is super annoying to me now. All the character development seems so forced, and there have been too many cheesy one-liners lately. Makes me groan every time the credits hit.

I'm pretty invested in it at this point, so I'm sure I'll see it through to completion - I just can't get excited about it anymore.