• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With Medlen likely out for the year, Braves sign Earvin Santana; 1 year $14.1 million!

ATLHawks3

Tough blow for Medlen, but do you think the Braves overreacted by signing Earvin Santana? I mean with our loaded pitching staff (including the minors), I would have loved to see one of our young guys get their feet wet in the MLB. Earvin Santana is a career 105-90 with a 4.19 ERA, simply put, a mediocre pitcher. He did have a nice season last year going 9-10 with a 3.24 ERA. Do you like the move?

Edited by ATLHawks3

I'm not familiar with his pitching, but I wouldn't call those numbers mediocre coming from the AL. 14 million does seen knee-jerk, and of course I'd rather have Meds out there or give a head start to a youngster. But I'm a huge proponent of Roger McDowell, so maybe he squeezes a career year out of Santana the same way he helped give second wind to Lowe and Huddy.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I'm not familiar with his pitching, but I wouldn't call those numbers mediocre coming from the AL. 14 million does seen knee-jerk, and of course I'd rather have Meds out there or give a head start to a youngster. But I'm a huge proponent of Roger McDowell, so maybe he squeezes a career year out of Santana the same way he helped give second wind to Lowe and Huddy.

Consistency is a big thing he can't maintain. He can be your team's best pitcher on some days, but on others he looks like shouldn't even be playing baseball. He's a good strike out pitcher with a very good slider. Seeing as though we have probably the top defense s in the NL, I couldn't see why he has a 13-15 win season with a sub 3.60 ERA and 160+ K's. And I agree McDowell should be able to wonders with him.

Edited by ATLHawks3

What kinda deal with the devil did Atlanta make. It seems the devil is now seeking payment.This is just unreal. Hopefully next season starts off differently for all our sports teams.

• 4 weeks later...