• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Raptors

lethalweapon3

Crazy thread. Regardless of what the stats show, I much rather have Teague as my starting PG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Translation: "Regardless of what the facts show, I much rather believe what I already believe."

At least you're honest.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Here is what each of these guys has done over the last 3 years on a per 36 basis and I will highlight which is better in each area (scoring = points and TS%; passing = a/to; rebounds; steals; metrics)

Scoring

Lowry - 15.9 points, .558 TS%

Teague - 16.0 points, .540 TS%

Analysis: Total points is relatively even but there is a significant gap on efficiency

Passing

Lowry - 7.6 assists, 2.7 turnovers

Teague - 7.0 assists, 2.9 turnovers

Analysis: More assists on fewer turnovers.

Rebounding

Lowry - 5.1 rebounds

Teague - 2.7 rebounds

Analysis: Domination in this category.

Steals

Lowry - 1.5 steals

Teague - 1.4 steals

Analysis: No meaningful difference.

Metrics

Lowry - 19.0 PER, .169 WS/48, ORTG 114 (high is good), DRTG 105 (low is good), cumulative net +/- +13.1

Teague - 17.2 PER, .121 WS/48, ORTG 106 (high is good), DRTG 106 (low is good), cumulative net +/- +11.3

Analysis: 5 different metrics all have Lowry as the superior performer.

Bottomline: It is very tough to argue that Teague has been better on the floor at any significant aspect of his game over the last 3 years or that he has been better overall.

• 8 months later...

Oh and last year it wasn't even a debate. Teague has taken a huge step forward and yet remains a tier below Lowry by every ranking system I can find. Care to for once prove your point instead of passive aggressively arguing without backing your point up?

Teague was just highlited on NBATV : NBA Action

He deserves it. This years Teague is a darn good player and in my mind he's still got the dunk of the year with that ridiculous MJ type of hang time throw down he had earlier in the season. I can't even remember who it was on but it was nasty.

But his passing this year is becoming something else. I swear he's never made some of the passes he's made this year.

• Premium Member

Oh and last year it wasn't even a debate. Teague has taken a huge step forward and yet remains a tier below Lowry by every ranking system I can find. Care to for once prove your point instead of passive aggressively arguing without backing your point up?

Peoriabird, on 20 Mar 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:snapback.png

Isn't Lowry going to be like 28 in 5 days?

You found something where Teague is better. Teague is 2 years and 3 months younger than Lowry.

Peoriabird, on 20 Mar 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:snapback.png

So you don't think that Teague will be any better in 2 years?

If he were steadily getting better then yeah I would think so but there's nothing to indicate that he's getting better.  The only thing better about this season is he's handling the ball a lot more and shooting a lot more.  Right now his ws/48 is down for a 3rd consecutive year and that's a sign of a player trending down.  He may turn it around but I see no reason to believe that will be the case.

Peoriabird, on 20 Mar 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:snapback.png

You found something where Teague is better. Teague is 2 years and 3 months younger than Lowry.

Peoriabird, on 20 Mar 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:snapback.png

If he were steadily getting better then yeah I would think so but there's nothing to indicate that he's getting better. The only thing better about this season is he's handling the ball a lot more and shooting a lot more. Right now his ws/48 is down for a 3rd consecutive year and that's a sign of a player trending down. He may turn it around but I see no reason to believe that will be the case.

So in other words you misquoted me about Teague will never be better than Lowry.

I would say the above again based on the evidence of his career coming into the season. And while I want to believe Teague has permanently become this new player who's significantly better than at any point in his career, we are only 17 games in a d he could easily regress like he did last year after a good start.

• Premium Member

So in other words you misquoted me about Teague will never be better than Lowry.

I would say the above again based on the evidence of his career coming into the season. And while I want to believe Teague has permanently become this new player who's significantly better than at any point in his career, we are only 17 games in a d he could easily regress like he did last year after a good start.

So your opinion truly has not changed!  Wow... that statements about leopards really is true.

Edited by Peoriabird