• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Things I have to believe.....

Diesel

• Premium Member
  1. I have to believe that we will not insert Horf as PF... He will be C again. Although it seems a bit redundant, the Horf/Milsap combo won't work as a 4/3 simply because of the offense we run.
  2. I have to believe that Gortat, Asik, and Stephenson are not on our shortlist. I just don't see us spending the money to get these guys because honestly, they don't really fit.
  3. I have to believe Shelvin Mack will not be a Hawk next year.
  4. I have to believe that Dennis is a trade waiting to happen. Much to the chagrin of Hawks fans, Dennis is not the guy that will stick with coach Bud.
  5. I have to believe that our FA targets are: Matt Bonner and Patty Mills. Don't laugh. Mills fits the profile perfectly because his analytics makes him one of the best Guards. At this moment, we are the sloppy Spurs East. Mills off the bench will give us some of that home cooking that Bud loves. The second part of that is Matt Bonner. These are guys that Ferry and Bud targeted before. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bonner get that pre-assistant coaching contract and have him working with the Europeans.
  6. I have to believe that we may reup Millsap sometime during the next season.
  7. I have to believe that our next shooting guard will be a draft pick. Until then, it's Lou.

• I have to believe that we will not insert Horf as PF... He will be C again. Although it seems a bit redundant, the Horf/Milsap combo won't work as a 4/3 simply because of the offense we run.
  • I have to believe that Gortat, Asik, and Stephenson are not on our shortlist. I just don't see us spending the money to get these guys because honestly, they don't really fit.
  • I have to believe Shelvin Mack will not be a Hawk next year.
  • I have to believe that Dennis is a trade waiting to happen. Much to the chagrin of Hawks fans, Dennis is not the guy that will stick with coach Bud.
  • I have to believe that our FA targets are: Matt Bonner and Patty Mills. Don't laugh. Mills fits the profile perfectly because his analytics makes him one of the best Guards. At this moment, we are the sloppy Spurs East. Mills off the bench will give us some of that home cooking that Bud loves. The second part of that is Matt Bonner. These are guys that Ferry and Bud targeted before. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bonner get that pre-assistant coaching contract and have him working with the Europeans.
  • I have to believe that we may reup Millsap sometime during the next season.
  • I have to believe that our next shooting guard will be a draft pick. Until then, it's Lou.

I have to believe, if this post is accurate in any way, I'm gonna punch myself in the face...

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Gortat definitely fits our system but we will have trouble paying him or any other top notch FA because we don't have the cap space

I think Gortat or Hawes fits us nicely. So does Horf. If you really think about what they do in San Antonio.. especially out of "Strong"... They do a lot of high post C plays. I think when we get Horf back, the reason he will be a C is because they like the idea of him being high post and allowing Millsap to work the inside/midrange. In short, I don't see us doing a whole lot of classical play where we need a low post Big. Defensively, coach Bud seems to work off of efficiency. We're not really stoppers, but what we want to do is limit the other team's attempts and force them into harder shots. That's part of why a guy like Asik who make the classical guys like me Happy doesn't really move the meter for Ferry. Not at his price. Ferry would rather keep Sap and use Antić as his pick and pop guy until Horf gets back.

When I said Patty Mills, I was serious. I believe that ferry knows what the analytics say on this guy and will probably sign him.

If we get Mills, watch us trade Dennis. It's awful too because Shelvin is just not as good a shooter as Mills. Shelvin will be shelfed.

I think Gortat or Hawes fits us nicely. So does Horf. If you really think about what they do in San Antonio.. especially out of "Strong"... They do a lot of high post C plays. I think when we get Horf back, the reason he will be a C is because they like the idea of him being high post and allowing Millsap to work the inside/midrange. In short, I don't see us doing a whole lot of classical play where we need a low post Big. Defensively, coach Bud seems to work off of efficiency. We're not really stoppers, but what we want to do is limit the other team's attempts and force them into harder shots. That's part of why a guy like Asik who make the classical guys like me Happy doesn't really move the meter for Ferry. Not at his price. Ferry would rather keep Sap and use Antić as his pick and pop guy until Horf gets back.

When I said Patty Mills, I was serious. I believe that ferry knows what the analytics say on this guy and will probably sign him.

If we get Mills, watch us trade Dennis. It's awful too because Shelvin is just not as good a shooter as Mills. Shelvin will be shelfed.

Sign mills , keep dennis

• Premium Member

Sign mills , keep dennis

What's the purpose of keeping Dennis? He is not the future. Mills signed and Teague signed are you 1 and 2 PGs. Dennis doesn't benefit us as a third. We'd do better to sign Shelvin to a quiet 2 year deal. Moreover, if we trade Dennis for a Swingman.. We might be able to pull Caldwell-Pope out of Detroit. Another young guy with as much potential.

This might be an even more boring team to watch than the Spurs...as long as we win a championship...no scratch that make it to the East finals once before I die then I guess it is for the best.

People who call this version of Spurs basketball boring just don't appreciate GOOD team basketball - it's poetry in motion.

I can understand the Robinson/Duncan era being called boring but definitely not this version.

If we have a 1/4 of their success I'll be happy.

Edited by JayBirdHawk