• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC: An Unfamiliar Buzz About the Hawks

PSSSHHHRRR87

Sign Monroe and put him back at center where he made people notice him , trade Lou Williams for a back up wing to add to the mix , and last but not least sign Hayward and make kk sixth man. Sap and DMC at sf and you have a deep ass team. Who could argue against this? Horford and sap at of with DMC and Sap stretching the floor at the three. Makes too much sense

Edited by IheartFerry

Its a good write up; but I don't see the get it done this year or else mentality. It all depends on our draft first; then free agency this year or the next IMO.

We cannot be Detroit and just spend our money because we have it. If the opportunity is there use it; if not, wait another season...

• Like 1

"I want to be the African-American Kyle Korver" that bit had me rolling. Just might have to put that in my signature.

Great article from the AJC for once and it had me excited for next season. If we could somehow trade Lou + Jenkins for Afflalo, sign Monroe and put this team out there next season:

Teague/Mack/Schröder

Afflalo/Korver/

Millsap/Carroll/Draft pick

Horford/Scott/Antić

Monroe/Bebe/Muscala

I'd peg us as contenders. More likely I can see us maybe waiting for 2015 to start spending money. In that event, we might just sign someone like Hawes or Gortat to a big one year deal to tide us over.

• Like 1

Its a good write up; but I don't see the get it done this year or else mentality. It all depends on our draft first; then free agency this year or the next IMO.

We cannot be Detroit and just spend our money because we have it. If the opportunity is there use it; if not, wait another season...

I agree with this but think Monroe and Hayward additions is a far cry from Detroit signing Jennings and Smoove. I would be okay with Afflalo too. But I think Hayward would fit better. Afflalo showed out this year

"The Hawks will never be in the stupid payroll club. It’s not the Ferry way. That’s not to suggest he won’t give a bad contract at some point because even visionaries get blinded sometimes, or yield to an owner in mid-sugar rush."

"The Hawks will never be in the stupid payroll club. Its not the Ferry way. Thats not to suggest he wont give a bad contract at some point because even visionaries get blinded sometimes, or yield to an owner in mid-sugar rush."

That stood out for me as well. Ferry is a business man as well as a basketball man in the whole package. I am thinking the whole Lebron thing in Cleveland was working a bit out of his persona to appease a panicking owner

• Like 1

• Premium Member

There was definitely something different watching Game 6. As disconnected as I am to this team right now, I can't even put into words how happy it made me to see our home court LOOK like a home court. That was a memorable moment for me. It ranks right up there behind the '88 duel, the 2008 playoffs, and 2011 playoffs.

Other than 2008, I can't remember seeing our crowd like that.

It was glorious. I'm still very concerned about our overall strategy for improvement, but I feel a lot better about our commitment to changing the culture.

• Like 1

Korver is one of the best pros we've had in Atlanta.

He's been a hawks for 2 seasons now and atr the latter part of his career but he actually seems like a wise contract signing as his style of play isn't likely to decline much with age and his IQ and passion for the game is exactly what you want on any team.

• Like 1

Korver is one of the best pros we've had in Atlanta.

He's been a hawks for 2 seasons now and atr the latter part of his career but he actually seems like a wise contract signing as his style of play isn't likely to decline much with age and his IQ and passion for the game is exactly what you want on any team.

Not to mention he loves being a Hawk. ;)

• Premium Member

If the Hawks want to capitalize on the current fan interest, then they need to take a step forward. And it has to start this offseason. Otherwise, you'll see a repeat of 2008 where they become forgotten again.

• Like 2

If the Hawks want to capitalize on the current fan interest, then they need to take a step forward. And it has to start this offseason. Otherwise, you'll see a repeat of 2008 where they become forgotten again.

3rd seed when Horford went down. 8th seed without him. Ferry needs to work some Hickson/Verejao type draft magic; best case is with a wing. It all starts with drafting a keeper at 15!

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

3rd seed when Horford went down. 8th seed without him. Ferry needs to work some Hickson/Verejao type draft magic; best case is with a wing. It all starts with drafting a keeper at 15!

That's true, but those fans aren't checking for the Horford injury excuse, even if it's a legitimate one. They're expecting the Hawks to take substantial steps towards becoming something more than what they usually are. The playoffs have created that expectation and they'll have to be very aggresive with offseason moves if they want to get substantially better.

That's true, but those fans aren't checking for the Horford injury excuse, even if it's a legitimate one. They're expecting the Hawks to take substantial steps towards becoming something more than what they usually are. The playoffs have created that expectation and they'll have to be very aggresive with offseason moves if they want to get substantially better.

Not really, there have been quite a few all stars drafted 15 or worse....

• Moderators

Sign Monroe and put him back at center where he made people notice him , trade Lou Williams for a back up wing to add to the mix , and last but not least sign Hayward and make kk sixth man. Sap and DMC at sf and you have a deep ass team. Who could argue against this? Horford and sap at of with DMC and Sap stretching the floor at the three. Makes too much sense

How do you see that possibly working with the salary cap? I don't think we have room for Monroe let alone Monroe and Hayward.

• Premium Member

If the Hawks are relying on the 15th pick to make them significantly better, they're dreamin'. He'll likely be behind Dennis in the rotation next year.

• Moderators

I hope this is right. That remains our best path forward to a star, IMO, even though a 15th pick qualifies as a very low % shot. Teague maintaining the aggressiveness from the playoffs is the biggest player development issue. It is do or die time for Jenkins while Bebe and Dennis should have the chance to earn regular rotation spots. Scott is an almost sure resign - if some other team doesn't get crazy with an offer. It will be interesting...

• Like 2

• Moderators

If the Hawks are relying on the 15th pick to make them significantly better, they're dreamin'. He'll likely be behind Dennis in the rotation next year.

Which would almost surely put us right back in the 'win one or no playoff series' category of playoff, non-contender teams.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

That's not accurate at all. There are plenty of serviceable players taken outside of the draft lottery and there are a few very big names that have been taken late. However, when you look at the total number of players taken, there is a microscopic number of actual stars. I think we can find a good player where we're picking, but I'm sure Ferry's focus will be on FAcy.