• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sounds like Buds happy with the group we have

NJHAWK

• Premium Member

I was dissapointed in certain parts of the interview. When asked about the need to add scorers, he basically said they believe in and will continue to follow a score by committee approach based on the system. I like the system, but you can't simply pick and roll, back door and motion offense your way thru the playoffs. You have to have playmakers when plays break down, when defenses adjust to the plays you run and to create easy scoring opportunities. It also seems they've made the decision to sit back and just pick from what's leftover at 15. Not surprising though.

I was dissapointed in certain parts of the interview. When asked about the need to add scorers, he basically said they believe in and will continue to follow a score by committee approach based on the system. I like the system, but you can't simply pick and roll, back door and motion offense your way thru the playoffs. You have to have playmakers when plays break down, when defenses adjust to the plays you run and to create easy scoring opportunities. It also seems they've made the decision to sit back and just pick from what's leftover at 15. Not surprising though.

His system is like the Spurs. They believe in that all the way. What we need is more talent and develop the talent we have. Jenkins needs to be better than his rookie yr and much better than last yr. Dennis needs to be decent this yr. His redshirt yr is done. Jeff is Jeff. Sap is Sap. Horford is the King. Korver made some improvements, I hope to see more nxt yr as well as Jeff and Sap. DMC was the most improved player, I want to see more improvement this yr especially at dribbling in traffic. Antić needs to get bigger, stronger, and smarter. I want to see him continue to work on his shot and his defense.

I want to see Bebe.

• Premium Member

The system is the same as the Spurs. But, the Spurs have Duncan, Parker and Ginobli. They can make plays outside of the system. In fact, they make the system look really good. Our guys have to rely on the system to be effective. Big difference.

• Like 1

The system is the same as the Spurs. But, the Spurs have Duncan, Parker and Ginobli. They can make plays outside of the system. In fact, they make the system look really good. Our guys have to rely on the system to be effective. Big difference.

This is true. We are still building the team. I really think they want to see a full season of Al-Sap-Jeff-DMC-Korver

Dennis-Jenkins-Bebe-Mike.M-Draft pick before they make a move. Dennis and Bebe growth has a lot to do with our future. Both can be very good NBA players. Add someone like a Kyle Anderson and you maybe just maybe you can get something special.

Being able to drive to the basket makes the difference and helps the system work. Parker and Ginobli are experts at this. JT has done this in spurts. Needs to bring his confidence every night

It's more than driving to the basket. It's the overall ability to score and create scoring opportunities. The Hawks don't have those kinda guys at this time and you need them to contend.

I disagree....the system is proven that it creates scoring opportunities consistently all throughout the game. It's up to the players to play within the system and keep the ball moving.

Our biggest problems were not having horford for the year and not having another slasher to go along with Teague.

Also you have to understand that Teague has never been pushed to play aggressive like this in an offense that the ball is always in his hands so it's all new to him and it seems like he got extremely comfortable with the system at the end of the year going into the playoffs.

You can't write off a team that had major injury problems and still took a number 1 seed to 7 games. I don't care what any one says bad match up or not if you are the number 1 seed you should never let an 8th seed hang around.

• Like 1

I disagree....the system is proven that it creates scoring opportunities consistently all throughout the game. It's up to the players to play within the system and keep the ball moving.

Our biggest problems were not having horford for the year and not having another slasher to go along with Teague.

Also you have to understand that Teague has never been pushed to play aggressive like this in an offense that the ball is always in his hands so it's all new to him and it seems like he got extremely comfortable with the system at the end of the year going into the playoffs.

You can't write off a team that had major injury problems and still took a number 1 seed to 7 games. I don't care what any one says bad match up or not if you are the number 1 seed you should never let an 8th seed hang around.

Five star post. A playmaker would help as well.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

It's more than driving to the basket. It's the overall ability to score and create scoring opportunities. The Hawks don't have those kinda guys at this time and you need them to contend.

I can see that to some extent, but our team is still learning the system. There are still areas where the plays aren't executed as drawn up. A poster created a video sometime ago that showed both the Spurs vs Hawks execution of the same plays - The Spurs looked like a precision instrument, the Hawks looked like a toy.

It's a work in progress - we do need more talent which has been noted on here, by DF and Bud.