• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sounds like Buds happy with the group we have

NJHAWK

• Premium Member

Go back and watch game 7 of the Pacers series and you'll see my point about the lack of playmakers. In a playoff series, good defenses will adjust to what you run. There was good execution for the Hawks in that game, but the Pacers defense held it in check for the most part. On the other end, the Hawks defense wasn't terrible either. But, they had a guy who could manufacture easy points for them without having to execute a play every possesion. I value the system and execution, but I'm just saying we lack those kind of players.

Five star post. A playmaker would help as well.

Thanks....and yeah we definitely need a playmaker but if we don't pick one up hopefully bud and crew can develop one to where he can become a playmaker for the hawks.

Go back and watch game 7 of the Pacers series and you'll see my point about the lack of playmakers. In a playoff series, good defenses will adjust to what you run. There was good execution for the Hawks in that game, but the Pacers defense held it in check for the most part. On the other end, the Hawks defense wasn't terrible either. But, they had a guy who could manufacture easy points for them without having to execute a play every possesion. I value the system and execution, but I'm just saying we lack those kind of players.

Lol nobody is denying the lack of playmakers! Your argument was "when the system breaks down or when plays break down"....my response to that is if the team is running the system consistently, ain't no such thing as break down. In this spurs like offense there are multiple options always each time down the court. Notice in the first round spurs vs mavs they broke down the games they lost and were not staying with the system...that's rare to see the spurs do that but when it happens they lose games as well.

I agree we need a playmaker but this team is still learning the system unlike a spurs team that knows the system.....Like coach pop says if the team plays within the system all game they will always have a chance to win.

• Premium Member

@JTB

I get what your saying in theory, but I respectfully disagree. I'll end by saying that if this is pretty much the same team next year, you're going to learn that no system, no matter how perfectly it's run or adhered to by the players, is a cure all or is unguardable. I don't care how many options it produces, there will always be defenses that can stop it.

• Like 1

Im not too worried about the scoring by committee statement by bud. Its the spurs way and it has been successful.

outside of duncan everyone on that team is later picks. Granted they got lucky with ginobili and parker being steals but I dont think the spurs have ever had a pick as high as 15 this decade.

We will pick a good wing. Our players will develop. We still remain flexible cap wise. Sounds good to me

Im not too worried about the scoring by committee statement by bud. Its the spurs way and it has been successful.

outside of duncan everyone on that team is later picks. Granted they got lucky with ginobili and parker being steals but I dont think the spurs have ever had a pick as high as 15 this decade.

We will pick a good wing. Our players will develop. We still remain flexible cap wise. Sounds good to me

@skimaskway23 Kawhi Leonard - traded George Hill for him.

@skimaskway23 Kawhi Leonard - traded George Hill for him.

Good catch, 15th pick still not a lottery pick lol. But seriously, it is amazing what they've been able to do without any lotto picks.

Kind of a coincidence coach bud gets the 15th pick in a sf/sg heavy draft again. Hopefully he will go 2 for 2 and get us a promising player.