• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

6/24 updated (i.e., post-Saric signing) mocks have Hawks taking...

sturt

• Premium Member

SI.com: Young

Sporting News: Hood

Sheridan Hoops: Nurkic

CBS: Hood

As for Saric?

Notably, the first three have PHI taking Saric at #10, based on the theory that they would be open to using a second 1st round pick on a draft/stash guy, since they have another 1st round pick anyhow... interestingly, that logic barely showed up in previous mocks. I believe Net Scouts is the only one that previously had Saric going to the Sixers. CBS thinks Saric will drop to #19 with the Bulls... same logic employed.

SI.com: Young

Sporting News: Hood

Sheridan Hoops: Nurkic

CBS: Hood

As for Saric?

Notably, the first three have PHI taking Saric at #10, based on the theory that they would be open to using a second 1st round pick on a draft/stash guy, since they have another 1st round pick anyhow... interestingly, that logic barely showed up in previous mocks. I believe Net Scouts is the only one that previously had Saric going to the Sixers. CBS thinks Saric will drop to #19 with the Bulls... same logic employed.

Maybe we're taking Saric at 8 and then someone else at 15 :)

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Saric's a value pick @ 15... if we take him @ 8, I would want to think we think he's worth that slot. I personally do, but I don't get the impression that that's the consensus. My preference would be to trade back with PHI, pick up Thad Young, and get their #10.

Saric's a value pick @ 15... if we take him @ 8, I would want to think we think he's worth that slot. I personally do, but I don't get the impression that that's the consensus. My preference would be to trade back with PHI, pick up Thad Young, and get their #10.

If he's the guy you're banging the table for then you can't risk losing him. Jump up get him at 8 and then get someone else at 15. I'd rather get Gordon or Smart at 8 but if Ferry really believes in Saric then get him regardless.

• Premium Member

If he's the guy you're banging the table for then you can't risk losing him. Jump up get him at 8 and then get someone else at 15. I'd rather get Gordon or Smart at 8 but if Ferry really believes in Saric then get him regardless.

Well, that's me... if Ferry's as smart as I am is still uncertain. tomato.gif

At #8, yes, he needs to be your guy if you're the GM... if you pick him at #15, he doesn't necessarily have to be "your guy" as much as he is "your asset/pokerchip/investment."

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Saw that... but, I think like everything else, have to take everything with a grain of salt for the moment... for instance, the GSW/MIN trade for Love that was dead is alive again, and probably will have at least a couple more twists before reaching some conclusion...

Edited by sturt

If Philly takes Embiid at 3 (I think they will), they'll pick someone other than Saric at #10. Orlando might pick him at #12, and Phoenix at #14. Other than that, we've got Saric.

I'm thinking we'll pick Saric, stash him for a year or two, bring over Bebe, and make a run at some free agents.