• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Per Grantland Hawks lost $13 M last year(tied for 2nd behind Nets $144 M

HawkItus

Wow, when you are that far behind #1 ( should it be 0?)  I don't think #2 should even count.

Link I found

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234028/Report-Nets-Projected-To-Take-$144M-Loss-In-13-14

Mentions the Wizards though being in 2nd.

The Brooklyn Nets are projected to have a loss of $144 million for the 13-14 season, according to a confidential memo the NBA sent to all 30 teams in early June.

The NBA expects nine teams will end up having lost money once luxury-tax distribution and revenue-sharing payments are finalized.

The Washington Wizards are second in projected loss of about $13 million.

Edited by MaceCase

That really hurts my idea of Jeremy Lin being a Hawk. Them paying 7.8 mil out of pocket for him even with a 1st or two 1st's coming our way as well might not be enticing. I guess the one plus is Lin sells you about 200 extra tickets. If him and Horford work extremely well together and have great success than his hype plus wins would sell instantly in Atlanta and that could make us a lot of money but other then that. It's no guarantee that will make us money like a Melo signing instantly does much less a Lebron signing.

Hey @hawksfanatic, If the Hawks sign Deng and their player salary goes up but our hype and attendance remains the same, how much could they be in the market to lose as they will spend 5 more million than expected before the Lou trade with all options met?

Thanks!

Listening to the BS Report today with Lowe, says we were right there with the Wiz for this season.

Yeah BS report

Ye of little faith. Give me a little credit for not coming and spreading falsehoods.

Edited by HawkItus

Yeah BS report

Ye of little faith. Give me a little credit for not coming and spreading falsehoods.

Well if you just said that in the first place! {/sarcasm}

But seriously post a link or reference the podcast. No one on this site has enough credit to just say things without backing it up. No one.

• Premium Member

My type of problem.  Wish I were lucky enough to lose 13 mil.