• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I like the idea of 3 perimeter defenders

JTB

I don't think we overpaid for Thabo. I honestly believe we got a steal. All in all I like the idea of Thabo, DMC, Deng!

I don't think deng and Thabo are elite perimeter defenders anymore but I do think they are both still very good defenders.

As a hawks fan you can't be mad at having a possible 3 very good defenders at both SG/SF that can all hit the 3 ball along with the best shooter in the nba Kyle Korver.

That's a good 3 guys to have! I'm not calling ECF but I'm sure we will get back to the second round and actually be competitive.

Add in a possible trade for Monroe and we could possibly get to the ECF.

Also gonna be a very nice luxury having the good D of Shredder, Sef, DMC, and Payne coming off the bench. Hold leads while starters rest.

Also gonna be a very nice luxury having the good D of Shredder, Sef, DMC, and Payne coming off the bench. Hold leads while starters rest.

Yep definitely agree! I'm a satisfied hawks fan with adding Sef, Deng, and hopefully Greg Monroe...if not Monroe I hope we can add hill.

What was Thabo making?

Cause I'm sure we will get similar production

I think we are getting a top notch hard nose defender that will come off the bench and will also get his 3 ball back.

I highly doubt Sef fails as a role player under coach bud. We will all love this signing for 4m once we see what Sef brings to the table. Adding Sef actually gives us two legit perimeter defenders that's actually good....last year we only had one in DMC that played a lot of minutes.

• Like 1

I completely agree JTB. Perimeter defense is becoming more important as teams rely more and more on the three ball. Getting Sefo is a solid pickup. I still would rather have Parsons over Deng, but it looks like that will not be possible. Give us Deng and Monroe and this team has a very nice mix of offense and defense.

I think we are getting a top notch hard nose defender that will come off the bench and will also get his 3 ball back.

I highly doubt Sef fails as a role player under coach bud. We will all love this signing for 4m once we see what Sef brings to the table. Adding Sef actually gives us two legit perimeter defenders that's actually good....last year we only had one in DMC that played a lot of minutes.

I think Payne's capable of good perimeter defense too. Add Shredder to that mix and Hawks will be bringing some mighty tenacious D off the bench.

I like the idea of multiple perimeter defensive stoppers as well. I'll like it less and less with every foul on a three point attempt, something Sefalosha and DMC have a bad habit about. Being a great defender in today's NBA also entails knowing who to close out on (Kyle), who to leave alone (Josh), and guy's pump-fake tendencies. All these guys have staying in front and bodying up down pat.

If we do get Deng, I expect Bud to cross train all three and let them bounce styles and ideas off each other. All 3 have had success guarding legendary scorers in Kobe, Melo, KD, and LeBron, you'd be hard pressed to get that much defensive know-how in one locker room. I expect all their steals and blocks to get a slight boost over their career averages, too. Kyle and Danny Green are examples of that, getting more defensive production than could be reasonably expected.

Edited by benhillboy