• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Luol Deng vs Greg Monroe?

Guest BraveHawk

• Premium Member

If I hear one more person refer to Millsap as an All-Star, I'm gonna puke.  He is a one-time All-Star who will never play in the game again.  He only made it because Horford was injured and we had minimal talent last season--someone had to put up stats.

You can puke until you're dry, my friend. A fact is a fact. Millsap is an All-Star.

And he's also probably better than Monroe in Bud's system. 

And BTW, your great idea of sending Millsap AND a 1st for Monroe is laughable.

They are the team with the logjam. They are the team with the disgruntled player.

If we're going to overpay (remember Monroe is RFA) to bring Monroe, we should receive DET 1st, and not the other way around.

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 1

I feel like I post this everyday. I don't think ferry and bud is looking at Monroe because he's younger. They are looking at Monroe mainly because

1. it allows horford to play pf which is a big deal! Not because of his recent injury but because he may leave us due to his desire to play pf when his contract is up and honestly he's still our best player on the team even over all star milsap

2. Monroe has an offense ability the hawks have needed for a loooong time!...post scoring.... Sap is the more versatile scorer but he doesn't have the body to post up and score the majority of his points in the post like Monroe...the hawks badly need a post scorer as well as a rim protector which Monroe is not but in today's nba it's hard to find a big man that's the complete package.

3.we need another guy in the starting lineup with some size.

Monroe being 24 is just a bonus. His only flaw is his defense but bud can coach through those struggles to improve I'm sure. And just so no arguing will be made I agree that sap is better than Monroe, I just think we need Monroe to continue to build this team to a spurs like roster.

I think you missed most of my points. You can't teach defense man. Either you have it or you don't. Bud isn't a miracle worker. 

You still didn't answer what do you do if you throw a big contract at monroe and he flops on the team. Now you're worse than what you started all because you want this "low post scorer" nonsense I keep reading. What then? Whoops? Hell no. 

I'm pretty sure paul milsapp's size didn't mean jack last year. 

Monroe is nothing like a spurs like roster. He wouldn't pass on the spurs roster. 

I think you missed most of my points. You can't teach defense man. Either you have it or you don't. Bud isn't a miracle worker. 

You still didn't answer what do you do if you throw a big contract at monroe and he flops on the team. Now you're worse than what you started all because you want this "low post scorer" nonsense I keep reading. What then? Whoops? Hell no. 

Monroe is nothing like a spurs like roster. He wouldn't pass on the spurs roster. 

Oh man you've lost the last thread of hope you were hanging onto here when you said that.  #comedygold

On that note I'm through with this discussion on Monroe with you. 

Oh man you've lost the last thread of hope you were hanging onto here when you said that.  #comedygold

On that note I'm through with this discussion on Monroe with you. 

That's all you're clinging on to now? lol I guess tony parker and richard jefferson should have been great defenders a couple of years ago. 

CBS sports on Greg Monroe:

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24609472/nba-free-agency-looking-outside-the-superstars-for-elite-talent?v=1&vc=1

Greg Monroe, PF, Detroit Pistons: As we outlined here, Monroe's in a sticky situation in Detroit next to Josh Smith as a restricted free agent. But he's a player that many teams are probably overlooking. The reality is that post scoring in the modern NBA comes at a premium, but it's also on the verge of an explosion of talent. The last four draft classes have brought in some guys with exceptional post scoring talent. This is going to be an area of need for teams to compete with in the future, and Monroe is particularly skilled.

Yes, he's a defensive liability, but he's also strong as a moose, as his nickname implies, and has great court awareness. Monroe may not be worth the max, but if you have a good core around him, he can get you to the next level. The Bulls might want to consider an offer if their plans for Carmelo Anthony fall through.

• Like 1

The way Spurs has come on here out of nowhere guns a blazing kind of reminds me how a certain Pelicans fan came out of retirement last year. So this leads me to ask... who is Spurs??

No my friend you can teach defense in the nba...I'm not sure where you got that from but it's possible to improve on defense in the nba just like its possible to improve an offense game.

• Like 1

The way Spurs has come on here out of nowhere guns a blazing kind of reminds me how a certain Pelicans fan came out of retirement last year. So this leads me to ask... who is Spurs??

Lol no I don't think it's nbasupe....or is it?

I don't think it's Supe either but possibly someone else from the ghosts of Hawksquawk past.

I'm an actual Spurs fan from San Antonio. I could upload some pictures of SA if ya wanted me to. Big fan of Bud is all. I just debate basketball. lol

I'm an actual Spurs fan from San Antonio. I could upload some pictures of SA if ya wanted me to. Big fan of Bud is all. I just debate basketball. lol

It's all good. You don't need to prove anything to anybody - and surely not to me. You just hit the ground running, that's all.

Very good question Ruckus...who is Spurs?  Hard to say who Spurs is except win.  Think we can and we can do too.  Spurs are same if they win again?...as I said.  Bingo...they got players with moves and can drive.  Said it.  Play the D and go with it - congregate - it's all that way.

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

Very good question Ruckus...who is Spurs? Hard to say who Spurs is except win. Think we can and we can do too. Spurs are same if they win again?...as I said. Bingo...they got players with moves and can drive. Said it. Play the D and go with it - congregate - it's all that way.

Is this Poetic Riddles Late Night with @DJlaysitup? Edited by Ruckus

You can puke until you're dry, my friend. A fact is a fact. Millsap is an All-Star.

And he's also probably better than Monroe in Bud's system. 

And BTW, your great idea of sending Millsap AND a 1st for Monroe is laughable.

They are the team with the logjam. They are the team with the disgruntled player.

If we're going to overpay (remember Monroe is RFA) to bring Monroe, we should receive DET 1st, and not the other way around.

Only thing laughable is, well, okay there a multiple laughable things in your post.  Millsap WAS an all-star.  ONCE.  He won't ever be again.

Logjam/disgruntled or not, they can still match any offer he receives.  Again, asinine.

And, if you think that "fair" is receiving Detroit's first round pick (likely lottery) rather than giving ours (which will likely be around #20) in a deal where they will get merely an expiring contract ('Sap will not re-sign there) for one of, if not their most, valuable players, then you are were born on the shallow end of the gene pool.

I do believe the team is better with Deng next year than we would be with a Milsap and Monroe swap.

I agree Milsap is the better player than Monroe right now as well.

It would be the age and contract situation that sways to Monroe if I had to pick between he and Monroe. I don't see this deal happening any way.

• Premium Member

Only thing laughable is, well, okay there a multiple laughable things in your post.  Millsap WAS an all-star.  ONCE.  He won't ever be again.

Logjam/disgruntled or not, they can still match any offer he receives.  Again, asinine.

And, if you think that "fair" is receiving Detroit's first round pick (likely lottery) rather than giving ours (which will likely be around #20) in a deal where they will get merely an expiring contract ('Sap will not re-sign there) for one of, if not their most, valuable players, then you are were born on the shallow end of the gene pool.

First off, you'll have to post some photos of your crystal ball. Because you're talking from your ass right now.

Millsap WAS an all-star.  ONCE. Wrong. He IS an all-star. How dumb is that? It's the same thing that "Spurs WAS nba champion". 

He won't ever be again. You don't know that. Think I'm gonna bookmark this thread. How would you like your crow?

DET can match any offers. Right. ASININE would be to trade our ALL-STAR plus a 1st round pick in order to OVERPAY for Monroe. Are you a Pistons fan?

Sap will not re-sign there (DET). Again, how the F*** would you know this? But I guess you're probably right. Sap won't re-sign there because hopefully he will never be a Piston.

... for one of, if not their most, valuable players... So Millsap for you is merely an expiring deal? I bet you're going to have a hard time trying to get the others to join your side... Maybe all of us (except you of course) were born on the shallow end of the gene pool.

I really foresee KCP becoming a Hawk in the not too distant future.  He is a perfect fit for our system and would love to come back home.  I'd give up Millsap and our 2015 first for him in a second.

28468-Taylor-swift-lol-gif-OMBg.gif

Ahh... I see now. Never mind, I'm not gonna argue with you. You ARE indeed a Pistons fan...

Edited by BrazilianHawk

• Moderators

Let's tone down the rhetoric on this thread some.  People are starting to cross over into personal insults instead of making their own intelligent points.  Stick to focusing on the content of your post and not the intelligence, etc. of the poster to whom you are responding.

• Like 1

Let's tone down the rhetoric on this thread some.  People are starting to cross over into personal insults instead of making their own intelligent points.  Stick to focusing on the content of your post and not the intelligence, etc. of the poster to whom you are responding.

Amen! But it's hard for them to follow the rules when that bastard admin is probably the biggest smart ass on here, although far from the biggest EAO. 

• Like 1

First off, you'll have to post some photos of your crystal ball. Because you're talking from your ass right now.

Millsap WAS an all-star.  ONCE. Wrong. He IS an all-star. How dumb is that? It's the same thing that "Spurs WAS nba champion". 

He won't ever be again. You don't know that. Think I'm gonna bookmark this thread. How would you like your crow?

DET can match any offers. Right. ASININE would be to trade our ALL-STAR plus a 1st round pick in order to OVERPAY for Monroe. Are you a Pistons fan?

Sap will not re-sign there (DET). Again, how the F*** would you know this? But I guess you're probably right. Sap won't re-sign there because hopefully he will never be a Piston.

... for one of, if not their most, valuable players... So Millsap for you is merely an expiring deal? I bet you're going to have a hard time trying to get the others to join your side... Maybe all of us (except you of course) were born on the shallow end of the gene pool.

28468-Taylor-swift-lol-gif-OMBg.gif

Ahh... I see now. Never mind, I'm not gonna argue with you. You ARE indeed a Pistons fan...

Out of the respect for the veterans, I will stop myself short from saying everything I want to.  But 1) "True Believer" is a great handle for you.  2) Bookmark it, write it down, take a picture, I don't give a flip.  And I stand by my KCP comments, too. 'Sap will never be an All-star again, and for you to negate the factors that influenced his selection this past season is simplistic though not shocking.  'Sap won't resign there because everyone with a neuron hates Detroit.  That's why Jennings and Smoove ended up there.  Only those two knuckleheads would be dumb enough to willingly go there.  And Millsap is not "merely an expiring deal".  He is a very good player with an expiring contract which makes him valuable on two fronts.  He's valuable to move at the deadline to a contender for both reasons and he's valuable to move to anyone who wants to clear cap space next offseason any time.

If Millsap is a Hawk during the 2015-16 season, I will personally show up at your house and take you out to dinner wherever you want to go.  What are you willing to offer me?