• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Hawks Miss On Both Deng and Monroe...

hazer

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

MC, I began a thread on the Sixers RealGM board several days ago to get a sense of what their fans think (link: RealGM-Sixers-TYoung Value Now?)... and based on what I read, my impression was most of them believe he's worth a mid-to-late 1st round pick, which I interpret to mean an up-and-comer who could come in and be a borderline starter... which, I interpret to mean they'd be good with a young scoring PF like Mike Scott.

I'm big on Young, and I'm also big on Diaw (link: Master Plan), but I think a bid for Parsons has always been the natural first-option for Ferry to pursue.

Edited by sturt

Morey going for Bosh/Melo

Parsons is still restricted and Houston can still match any contract if they choose. I can see a scenario where they sign Bosh as their PF and keep Parson's by going over the cap.

Parsons is still restricted and Houston can still match any contract if they choose. I can see a scenario where they sign Bosh as their PF and keep Parson's by going over the cap.

I can also see a situation where Bosh waits and Houston has to. Meanwhile Parsons is given an offer sheet.

I can also see a situation where Bosh waits and Houston has to. Meanwhile Parsons is given an offer sheet.

That is true, but FAcy started the 1st and he hasn't signed an offer sheet as yet. If he had signed an offer sheet previously Houston would have had to already made a decision.

Everyone's waiting on LBJ and Melo.

Parsons was not included on the list because he's restricted......O_o

http://youtu.be/iyp9fh-u4w8

• Like 1

Exactly. 

Again, the question is who SHOULD they target. Seeing you're a Spurs fan, I suppose you would prefer the Hawks to pick "some unknown or meh type of player."

That is true, but FAcy started the 1st and he hasn't signed an offer sheet as yet. If he had signed an offer sheet previously Houston would have had to already made a decision.

Everyone's waiting on LBJ and Melo.

If you're a team not on the golden list of the chosen one (:rollseyes) but actually want Parsons, why not go ahead and offer him?  Force Houston's hand and throw a monkey wrench into things (mainly for the lulz).  Is Parsons so brain-washed that he wouldn't ,you know, look out for his own future?

If you're a team not on the golden list of the chosen one (:rollseyes) but actually want Parsons, why not go ahead and offer him? Force Houston's hand and throw a monkey wrench into things (mainly for the lulz). Is Parsons so brain-washed that he wouldn't ,you know, look out for his own future?

That's my thought exactly, unless Parson wants to remain in Houston and they've told him if they get LBJ/Melo they would exceed the cap to sign him.

Then that would mean he would coming off the bench behind them, they're play PF or he's playing PF.

The difficulty is that the teams with capspace who are after LBJ/Melo won't sign him to an offer sheet until they are out of the running. That leaves teams Parsons' may not be interested in.

That's my thought exactly, unless Parson wants to remain in Houston and they've told him if they get LBJ/Melo they would exceed the cap to sign him.

Then that would mean he would coming off the bench behind them, they're play PF or he's playing PF.

The difficulty is that the teams with capspace who are after LBJ/Melo won't sign him to an offer sheet until they are out of the running. That leaves teams Parsons' may not be interested in.

Yep.  I've thought all along that Parsons was kidding himself being on board with Houston's plans.  Melo/James to Houston means Parsons is relegated to a role player at best.  Teams gotta give up the LBJ/Melo dreams.  At this point you know if you're in it or not.